: 20x 8.5 wheels

angelo1912
03-27-05, 07:21 PM
Does anyone know if 20x8.5 wheels would fit a cetera

Thanks
angelo

Vesicant
03-27-05, 07:47 PM
20's? Maybe. 19 x 7.5 or 8 was the max (iirc) without rubbing. But with the right tire it might work. And instead of 8.5 id do 8 for the 20's

CateraSport
03-28-05, 12:37 PM
With custom work? Yes. Without any extra work (just bolting the wheels to the car without any rubbing) the biggest you can go is 19x8.

I currently have 19x8 wheels on my car right now which I'm selling to buy 20x8.5 wheels... It's going to cost me extra to have the fenders rolled so the wheels don't rub though.

tOnE369
03-29-05, 08:50 AM
what exactly needs to be done if you were to put 20x8.5 rims on the cat?

CateraSport
03-29-05, 12:27 PM
what exactly needs to be done if you were to put 20x8.5 rims on the cat?

Well first of all... A nice stash of money.. Then pick out your wheels.. Find a place to custom drill a 5x110 bolt pattern to the wheels so they will fit on your Catera (there is only 1 wheels that comes factory 5x110 and it's 18"). After all of this, the wheels are ready to go on the Catera.. But not without any after-problems.

You will need to roll your fenders so your wheels don't rub when you turn. Also, I recommend getting the lightest 20" wheel you can get (in weight) because the Catera chassis wasn't made for all that weight up front.

salvatrucho519
04-17-05, 09:35 PM
goin to go all out with 20's but i got some questions, i hear yu hav to get yur fenders rolled, anyone done this before? whats the cost on getting all 4 fenders rolled?.. last question lets say i find som rims that i want but do not fit my bolt pattern, can i get these rims custom drilled to fit? how much is a custom drill?

CateraSport
04-18-05, 02:09 PM
goin to go all out with 20's but i got some questions, i hear yu hav to get yur fenders rolled, anyone done this before? whats the cost on getting all 4 fenders rolled?.. last question lets say i find som rims that i want but do not fit my bolt pattern, can i get these rims custom drilled to fit? how much is a custom drill?

All of these depend on where you live...

Fender rolling - Depends on what size you go with.. If you are getting 20x8.5 all around, you'll only need to roll the front fenders. The back has plenty of room. I have no idea how much this costs because I haven't received my 20s yet.

Bolt pattern - Yeah, you will have to get your wheels custom drilled. The catera uses a 5x110 bolt pattern, with a FWD offset, which is probably one of the weirdest things about the car. I think there's only 1 wheel that has a 5x110 bolt pattern but it doesn't get any bigger than 18".

When I first got my 19s, it cost me $100 extra for all 4 wheels to get drilled ($25 a wheel, which in my opinion is a good deal). Make sure that when you buy your wheels, the sales rep knows your needs and make sure they can custom machine the wheels there...

I buy my wheels through www.coolwheels.com (http://www.coolwheels.com)... Like I said, they charge $100 for all 4 wheels to get machined... Plus their prices are pretty good. You could get a set of 20s, with tires mounted and balanced, and custom drilled to fit your Catera for about $2,000 shipped.

Hope this helps, goodluck

salvatrucho519
04-18-05, 08:13 PM
thnx CateraSport, helped alot.