: Recaro seats?

vcaddy06
08-24-13, 07:11 PM
Has anyone here thought about or already installed Recaro seats into their V? The factory black leather/suede seats in my '06 V weren't in that great of condition when I bought the car and only gotten worse. Was wondering rif anyone knew if these would fit and utilize factory frame and heat option.

----------

https://www.recaro-automotive.com/us/product-areas-us/aftermarket-seats/product/style-xl.html

BradCTSV
08-25-13, 12:45 AM
I'm planning to install Recaro Speed seats next week. Since stock seatbelts are mounted into the seat, I ordered Wesco retrofit 3-pt belts...hoping there are mounting points already in the B-pillar and if not will weld in mounting points. Will also try to move the heat/airbag sensors from the stock seat to Recaro. Finally, to close the loop for the driver/passenger airbag you have to put an inline resistor....I'm hoping to get one from airbagsystems.com next week.

Thanks to others who have provided a lot of info on this mod....I will post pics when this is done.

AAIIIC
08-26-13, 01:30 PM
Please post as many pics and technical details as possible. :) There have been a number of discussions about this, but the 3-point belts in particular have only been speculated about - I don't think I've ever seen any pics.

Isaacs
08-28-13, 08:12 PM
I pulled off my B pillar panel hoping for a factory mounting option....no such luck. Idk about welding in a mount. The sheetmetal is a bit thin IMO.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff114/mugen_racer91/CTS-V/photo_zps901d47c2.jpg

vcaddy06
08-29-13, 04:54 AM
I pulled off my B pillar panel hoping for a factory mounting option....no such luck. Idk about welding in a mount. The sheetmetal is a bit thin IMO.

D**n. That sucks. Anyone know where or how I could get my hands on a newer set of front seats? Or maybe should just have them reupholstered.

BradCTSV
08-29-13, 05:53 AM
Thanks, good to see this. I will have to check with some experts to see what can be done. The first thing that comes to mind is to insert threaded steel plate behind the existing slotted sheet metal.

ctsv247
08-29-13, 10:30 AM
Thanks, good to see this. I will have to check with some experts to see what can be done. The first thing that comes to mind is to insert threaded steel plate behind the existing slotted sheet metal.

I agree. Mounting the belts shouldn't be to difficult because this is a nice flat clean surface to work with.

Which type of wesco belts were you looking at and would it make sense to try and mount some kind of GM pillar mounted, retractable belt instead so that you could use the existing buckle assembly?

BradCTSV
08-29-13, 09:52 PM
Here are the Wesco 3 pt. belts I ordered which are designed to mount on a b-pillar. They are retractable and I think they will work just fine. The biggest issue is figuring out all the airbag and seatbelt sensors. Car goes into the shop next Tues and I'm hopeful we can figure it all out. I've also been talking to some companies that specialize in airbags.

Link to 3pt seatbelts:
http://wescoperformance.stores.yahoo.net/resebe.html

BradCTSV
09-12-13, 04:06 AM

Attached is a picture of my recaro seat project in progress. The 3 point belts are mounted in the B-pillar and almost done...luckily the factory had a threaded point to mount the seat belt retractor and a plate will be mounted for the shoulder point. We are still working on the airbag and passenger pressure sensor but using the schematic we will work this out.

AAIIIC
09-12-13, 09:03 AM
More peek-shuhs, pleez!!!

mberisha
09-12-13, 10:23 AM
Very nice....those seats looks perfect in there!

crankedupforit
09-12-13, 06:00 PM
Well done!

thebigjimsho
09-12-13, 06:38 PM
I'm squidging right now!

----------

But why is this in appearance?

BradCTSV
09-12-13, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the feedback. Iwill post a bunch of pics in the next few days...busy getting the bracket fabbed for the passenger side and working on the airbag sensors.

UnsafeAtAnySpd
09-13-13, 12:45 AM
Keep us updated. I need some airbag sensors to get rid of the warning and light every time I get in my car.

jclayc
09-13-13, 11:04 AM
The PPS sensor is the one I'm interested in defeating. I've got the other 4 airbag codes beat.

AAIIIC
09-13-13, 11:41 AM
I've got the other 4 airbag codes beat.
Using... ???

jclayc
09-13-13, 05:45 PM
There's a thread http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/275571-air-bag-dummy-load-tool-pn-post3175348.html#post3175348

solution is four 2.7 ohm resistors (from radioshak) spliced in - two per side, one for the airbag circuit and one for the seatbelt tensioner. The trouble codes can then be turned off and will stay off. (Airbag trouble codes didn't show on my cheap handheld but could be pulled and cleared w software.) ScanXL is what I used.

UnsafeAtAnySpd
09-13-13, 07:25 PM
Cool, I'll have to check that out. Currently living in an apartment though, so can't really do anything on my car myself currently. I have an '04 so no passenger side specific sensor.

BigDaddy-V
09-21-13, 01:51 PM
Maybe a stupid question but is there anybody out there that offers that seat in a tan color that matches our factory interior close enough? I always only see them in black? Would like the weight savings and firmness of the seat but would like it to match the car somewhat.

BDV

BradCTSV
09-23-13, 01:49 AM

These are my Recaro Speed seats in leather along with the 3pt Wesco Performance seatbelts installed in the b-pillar. These are a great mod as I can now focus on driving hard in the corners without sliding or bracing myself. I need to lower the seats as I used the Recaro race steel sidemounts but since there aren't enough adjustment holes I'm going to use a different brand of race mount; notice in the rear they drilled slots. The b-pillar has a bolt hole at the bottom to mount the seatbelt retractor, for the upper mount we used a steel plate behind the b-pillar. Thanks to jclayc and airbagsystems.com I got the resistors to handle the side airbag and seatbelt sensor. However, still need to address the passenger presence sensor which was in passenger seat....so have an airbag light and front airbags are shut down for a short bit until I have a switch made. This is coming soon.

OneFast V
09-23-13, 06:32 PM
These are my Recaro Speed seats in leather along with the 3pt Wesco Performance seatbelts installed in the b-pillar. These are a great mod as I can now focus on driving hard in the corners without sliding or bracing myself. I need to lower the seats as I used the Recaro race steel sidemounts but since there aren't enough adjustment holes I'm going to use a different brand of race mount; notice in the rear they drilled slots. The b-pillar has a bolt hole at the bottom to mount the seatbelt retractor, for the upper mount we used a steel plate behind the b-pillar. Thanks to jclayc and airbagsystems.com I got the resistors to handle the side airbag and seatbelt sensor. However, still need to address the passenger presence sensor which was in passenger seat....so have an airbag light and front airbags are shut down for a short bit until I have a switch made. This is coming soon.

Do you have anymore info/pictures on the install? Specifically curious about the mounting of your three points. Also did this raise or lower the overall seat height? at 6'4" i need the lowest seating position possible.

Isaacs
09-23-13, 11:29 PM
Do you have anymore info/pictures on the install? Specifically curious about the mounting of your three points.

X2:p

AAIIIC
09-24-13, 12:25 AM
And X3. I'd love to see how the mods were done inside the B-pillar, how the B-pillar trim was modified to allow the belt to come out, etc.

BradCTSV
09-24-13, 06:34 AM
I wont be able to post pics till next week...traveling. I need to lower the seats but since I already had the recaro side mounts just wanted to get them in. If you are tall you would wantto omit the side mounts completely.

Isaacs
09-24-13, 08:46 AM
I wont be able to post pics till next week...traveling.

Don't leave us hanging lol

UnsafeAtAnySpd
09-25-13, 08:51 PM
Do you have anymore info/pictures on the install? Specifically curious about the mounting of your three points. Also did this raise or lower the overall seat height? at 6'4" i need the lowest seating position possible.

Depending on how you go about it, there is a lot of headroom to be gained. Mine sit way lower than stock.

OP, seats look great. I need to add in some traditional three points some time. I don't mine the 6 points that much even on the street, but it's a huge hassle if I ever have passengers and they end up not wearing them properly.

OneFast V
09-26-13, 12:13 PM
Depending on how you go about it, there is a lot of headroom to be gained. Mine sit way lower than stock.

OP, seats look great. I need to add in some traditional three points some time. I don't mine the 6 points that much even on the street, but it's a huge hassle if I ever have passengers and they end up not wearing them properly.

You are running sparco chronos with the sparco universal mounting kit, correct?

UnsafeAtAnySpd
09-26-13, 06:15 PM
You are running sparco chronos with the sparco universal mounting kit, correct?

Sparco Evos using their sidemounts along with some custom fab'ed work to the floor.

UteCTS V
10-07-13, 05:52 PM
Those look sweet! Can you post a general step by step process as well as cost estimates? Wondering if it is worth it from a cost/time perspective. thanks!

liqidvenom
10-09-13, 05:04 PM
as a tall guy who hates his seats....this has gotten my attention

liqidvenom
10-20-13, 05:45 PM
any updates to this?

BradCTSV
10-20-13, 11:01 PM
Middle of this week I'm using a different side seat bracket to lower the seats. I'll take pics of the whole bracket system and the b-pillars.

V-twin
10-24-13, 04:49 PM
Just installed mine...

liqidvenom
10-25-13, 08:52 AM
Middle of this week I'm using a different side seat bracket to lower the seats. I'll take pics of the whole bracket system and the b-pillars.
Sounds good

Just installed mine...

Shame on you for getting my hopes up sir lol

fweasel
10-26-13, 11:51 PM
Just installed mine...

155489:lol: I've got four of those

liqidvenom
12-04-13, 06:09 AM
what ever happened to an update to this thread?

OneFast V
12-04-13, 11:49 AM
what ever happened to an update to this thread?

+1 in for updates

UnsafeAtAnySpd
12-04-13, 06:15 PM
Just installed mine...

Nice. Sparco needs to make some of those, so they can match my seats. I've wondered that if/when I have a kid, if I could safely mount a baby seat in the back of my V in the middle of the roll bar. :D

And where's the updates? :crybaby:

incubusjunkie614
12-04-13, 11:42 PM
as a guy that has two seats sitting next to his car, make with the updates! or im just gonna swap everything over into the new seats and run a
resistor on the air bags! but first to install a heater in the garage!

Oefootball_70
12-06-13, 12:31 AM
Why not run the two back "points" to the rear seat car seat hooks like this?

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh119/Oefootball_70/A6B48285-5D9E-4427-A19C-772D019C5716-198-000000076A78DA54_zps9544795c.jpg

mackey
12-06-13, 04:33 PM
looks good. updates would be nice.

though i'm undecided if i'm willing to forego the heated seats :D

UnsafeAtAnySpd
12-06-13, 06:11 PM

Because a compressed and broken spine doesn't sound that great.

AAIIIC
12-10-13, 12:02 AM

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh119/Oefootball_70/A6B48285-5D9E-4427-A19C-772D019C5716-198-000000076A78DA54_zps9544795c.jpg
That only works with dope-ass JDM Bride seats with dope-ass green Takata harnesses. And only when hard parked, stanced, and fully flush.

mackey
12-10-13, 12:44 AM
what i don't get is the roll cage is installed yet no provisions were made for the harness