: 94-96 Boost sleeve and valve

carguy16
03-27-05, 05:08 PM
I just got in the mail today a boost sleeve and valve from Team Tripp. I spent $29.95 including shipping and handling charges. This is better then OEM, and should eliminate the lag of taking a couple seconds to go in reverse, or any other gear, and increase line pressure. Apparently, the old one can damage the tranny, and provide insufficient pressure as it wears. The procedure to replace it is to pull the pan, i plan on taking it in to the Chevy dealer to have this procedure done.

Its really small, I will try and upload a picture of it for you. I cant wait to get it installed, I hope it will improve results all around.

N0DIH
03-27-05, 06:59 PM
I haven't heard of this boost sleeve and valve, as I am somewhat new to the FWB and 4L60E trans.

Can you fill in details of it? I have 2 4L60E's in the family now, so this one interested me a lot! 205K miles and 151K miles. Rumor is the FWB (151K) has never been rebuilt, unknown on the Suburban with 205K, but it seems to run fine, so it is hard to say for sure.

Tom

carguy16
03-27-05, 07:43 PM
This boost sleeve and valve is small then my thumb, and included a couple springs in the package, they are small to.

Here is a service bulletin on it:

"GM 4l60E Preventetive Maint. tip:
The pressure regulator boost valve and it's sleeve should be replaced every 40,000 miles to avoid major damage that occurs when accumulated wear in the boost sleeve causes insufficient presure to be made available in reverse. We are seeing to many major repairs of the 4L60E around 50,000 plus miles being traced to this boost valve and sleeve. The valve and sleeve can be replaced easily during routine service of the transmission at a additional cost of around $50.00. This should be considered a must do maintenance procedure on the 4L60E."

I had a pump die on my transmission, supposedly after it was rebuilt, but I doubt the pump was replaced then. But, I dont know if it had anything to do with this valve, as I frequently floor it, and am not afraid to use the full potential of the car.

Supposely this valve will increase pressure, which is a good thing. I guess when the valves wear out, they cant build pressure, which is why it takes longer for things to go in reverse.

It also says this on the package:

"Increases pressure rise respone for use in Trucks, police, taxis, delivery and hi-performance. Also reduces 3-4 clutch failure, band failure and Low reverse clutch slip."

The boost sleeve and valve is made by TransGo, but was sold to me by Team Tripp, http://www.teamtripp.com .

I would recomend them, it took them 9 days, which was extremely fast in my opinion, but there was lack of communication when I asked them if they had cashed my check after nothing had shown up after a week, and today is the 9th, and the check still hasnt shown up as being cashed. I dont know if its slow being cashed, or it hasnt been cashed yet, I was also curious how long it would be before I got it. But, I got it now, so Im happy.:coolgleam

I haven't heard of this boost sleeve and valve, as I am somewhat new to the FWB and 4L60E trans.

Can you fill in details of it? I have 2 4L60E's in the family now, so this one interested me a lot! 205K miles and 151K miles. Rumor is the FWB (151K) has never been rebuilt, unknown on the Suburban with 205K, but it seems to run fine, so it is hard to say for sure.

Tom