: livernois stroker

boomer06
08-23-13, 02:58 PM
so currently i have a 07 ctsv with the 404 stroker kit and the ported ls6 heads, a fast 96mm manifold and tb, CAI and full exhaust. im looking for suggestions on some small upgrades i can do. eventually i would like to put a blower on, so with that in mind does anyone have any ideas.

Naf
08-23-13, 03:09 PM
Small, dude u punched it out and u must have a ton of torque now...

I would go for a sc if u have money to burn on tires. If u want more umph and controllable upgrade to l92 ported heads and 102 intake...

I am punchin my tahoe to a 404 and slappin a sc on top soon. My biggest fear is ruinin the tranny

HAMSTAR
08-23-13, 03:31 PM
What kind of power are you making right now? What cam are you running?

I would say your next mod should be an 8.8, lol

PISNUOFF
08-24-13, 09:12 AM
Turrrboooooos!!!!

boomer06
08-24-13, 09:19 AM
CAM Livernois Motorsports, hydraulic roller, .610/.610-inch lift, 236/240 duration at .050, 112 LSA
As far as power the dyno numbers came out around 500 but the owner said his dyno was a little more stingy compared to others.

----------

Turrrboooooos!!!!

Ha, if i don't have money for a blower then turbos are definitely outta budget

rand49er
08-24-13, 10:48 AM
... I would say your next mod should be an 8.8, lolHAMSTAR's got a point. Either before or after the FI install, you'll probably need to address things back there.

Naf
08-24-13, 11:21 AM
Add a snow max mpg meth injection, and swap your top end for less than 4 large.

You will see an easy 70+ hp and no need to swap ur rear end out...

Na are easier on the powertrain vs fi

rand49er
08-24-13, 12:16 PM
... Na are easier on the powertrain vs fiHuh?

400 rwhp = 400 rwhp regardless of how it's produced.

DMM
08-24-13, 01:25 PM
You'll spend a fortune on a blower setup for your stroker. In all honesty, I'd put my money into a Nitrous system with a high quality progressive controller. You won't be able to match the price or performance of a 200 shot controlled progressively.

Naf
08-24-13, 02:24 PM
Huh?

Fi shocks the drivetrain from start to finish, Na is a bit more mellow givin the drivetrain time to flex and give so it doesnt break...

Look at the power curves, very self explanatory

PISNUOFF
08-24-13, 04:10 PM
Huh?

400 rwHp with supercharger or nitrous is harder on the drivetrain than turbos because of of the power comes on. Turbos are the slowest to build the power out of those three and therefore have less spike loads on the rods and drivetrain.

rand49er
08-24-13, 04:36 PM
:canttalk:

Becker
08-25-13, 09:36 AM
For the money and the punch I agree on a nitrous setup, skys the limit with it as well you could do a small shot or a nice progressive system which will just be insane on:)

boomer06
08-25-13, 10:56 PM
I would def like to address the rear, im just a little hesitant cuz the prior owner had told me there were some upgrades to it but couldnt give me a list of what all was done to the drivetrain. i can see the bracket to reinforce it and it still has IRS but other than that i don't much about it. Nitrous could be a good choice, i had A Z06 before this car and did a Harris works plate setup with that so i wanted to try something different. Plus i dont like having to fill up the bottle .ha. Thanks for all the input though.. Any other Vs in the Fayetteville area?

DavidBoren
08-26-13, 07:40 PM
Stick a 2.3L blower off a LS9 on it, call it good. You could probably find one for relatively cheap over at the LS1-Tech classifieds.

And by call it good, I of course mean, grenade your differential and snap your driveshaft, but at least the engine would be freaking killer.

StretchASU
08-27-13, 08:33 AM
Any other Vs in the Fayetteville area?

Fayetteville NC? Im not far up the road.

Post up a pic of the rear diff. That would really be where I'd throw the money first. Urethane bushings everywhere, coilovers and getting the car properly cornerweighted and the suspension tuned will make a big difference in the overall characteristics of the car regardless of whether you take it to the drag strip, road course or even just cruise it around and raise a little hell on the street.

CTS-V_07
08-27-13, 09:33 PM
I'm about 50-60 minutes Southeast of Fayetteville,NC and I go to Fayetteville's drag strip.

12race
09-17-13, 02:38 PM
If it helps at all, I just completed a 402 Stroker build on my 06' LS2. It made 500 RWHP - 490 RWTQ with Trick Flow Heads, 92 Fast. Before Stroker build put a complete Creative Steel drive line in with the 8.8. Same cross road as you, whats next, spray or blower? Have not decided but near term just working on managing getting power to hook up properly.... likely need more tire on rear still running standard tire size.

As mentioned in replies, the tranny takes a beating with S/C set-up.