: Fleetwood/ Brougham owners cross your fingers

Adam
03-26-05, 05:49 PM
i posted this in here cause it is about the Fleetwood. some of you will remember the post me and Dopestar started a lond while back call "DUB City Fleetwood", and if you all remember we had a poll to see who would want a 93-96 Fleetwood or 80-92 Brougham or a 80-84 Coupe Deville made into a model car. when the results were in Dopestar e mailed Jada Toys to let them see what Cadillac owners wanted. we might have been the final push on the issue cause not too long ago Jada Toys released its wave 2 Homierollers that included a 85 Brougham Coupe and a 95 Fleetwood. also Dub City released wave 10 with both of those vehicles. while reading the May issue of Lowrider that i got yesterday this is what was said:

"For years now, one of the more popular Cadillacs among lowriders have been the '93 to '96 Fleetwood and Fleetwood Broughams. Fans of these "big bodies," including the owners themselves, have been constantly on the lookout for small-scale car/toy manufacturers to mass produce the Fleetwoods. A few talented top-notch custom builders have successfully made one of a kind models of the Cadillacs is plastic and resin versions and have been in turn able to sell them for extremely high prices through model shows and/or on websites like eBay.

The wait is over! Jada Toys once again teamed up with David Gonzales (the controversial producer of the Homies figurines) to release the latest set of die-cast custom lowriders known as Homie Rollerz- Waze 2. This new wave (set) was released last December and has been selling out at local hobby shops and mainstream retail stores like Wal-Mart. Wave 2 has six new makes and models, each with two Homies figures and available in one of two different color schemes.

The set consists of a '39 Chevy Fleetmaster, '51 Chevy pickup, '57 Chevy, '80s Cadillac Coupe Deville (complete with custom Euro clip header panel) and a '90 Town Car. The most popular of the set is of course the '95 Cadillac Fleetwood. This firme Caddy is available in an all black and chrome color scheme or in a patterned-out-eye-catching green. Both versions come with the castle grille and the rear Continental kit, slammed low and sitting on wire wheels in white wall tires.

Jada officials say that if the sales on the Wave 2 are successful enough, they may release these makes and models in a larger 1/24- scale size! Caddy lovers can only hope!" -Lowrider Magazine May 2005

Well, it looks as if we had a hand in this so Fleetwood owners/ CDV/ Brougham owners keep those findgers crossed and go out there and buy these cars, maybe we'll get our wish for the 1/24 scale.

HotRodSaint
03-26-05, 06:23 PM
...and go out there and buy these cars...

My black one is already on display! :thumbsup:

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/289000-289999/289674_71_full.jpg
More Pic's and Specís Here. (http://www.cardomain.com/id/hotrodsaint)

Adam
03-26-05, 06:33 PM
yeah i know but i cant put it on my desk :( :rolleyes: . what they are saying though is that if these wave 2s sell out quick like they are then they are gonna make a 1/24 scale (which is what i collect too). i ll have a mini Fleetwood. and i am sure you would like to have a little brother for yours too.

HotRodSaint
03-26-05, 07:18 PM
No, I meant I already have my black 1/64th Jada Fleetwood on display! (It comes in silver too.)

And I will buy the 1/24th too, as long as they make one in black.

But as a Hot Wheels collector, I don't think the casting is that great. It almost resembles the FWD Fleetwood.

But I guess I should just be happy that someone produced a diecast Fleetwood! :thumbsup:

Adam
03-26-05, 09:04 PM
oh ok, i gotcha. there arent any around here (but you know how east tennessee is). i am gonna order mine from them, or rather one of the companies listed on their site. should be in the mail soon. yeah i hope like hell they make the 1/24 and i guess it depends on how well these things sell and it sounds like they are the most popular ones.

DopeStar 156
03-27-05, 03:04 PM
Nice, it looks like Jada read my email after all. What're the scales on these things? HotWheels sized? Ir the ever popular 1/24?

Adam
03-29-05, 06:44 PM
right now just the 1:64 scale but Jada said if sales are good enough (which i hear they are) they will make the 1:24 scale size of the 95 and 85 models. looks like we had a hand in this Dope!

DopeStar 156
03-30-05, 01:31 AM
We did and I'm so proud!

FASSTWOOD
03-30-05, 01:34 AM
come on 1/24 scale!!! :worship:

DopeStar 156
03-30-05, 01:37 AM
I am so waiting for that.

Revoh
03-30-05, 12:28 PM
Here's my attempt at doing a 1/25th. It ain't great, but it's something. I'd really like it if they'd make a bigger diecast to tear in to. I've also got the little Jada. It's not that bad. At least they made it. :)

http://www.cadillacforums.com/photopost/data/506/5782Cadillac_Model.jpg

adam_mcd
03-30-05, 05:30 PM
90 town car?? thats my dream car! honestly, i love my 79 coupe, but i was on the market for a 90-97 town car...cartier or nickalus, either one, doesnt matter.

Adam
03-30-05, 05:38 PM
hey Revoh did you read in that part where it talked about people making one off models and selling them on the net or at show for a lot of money? should have done that brother! if you didnt read my original post go back through and take a look at it, it mentions something similar to that in there. it is out of the May issue of Lowrider.

Revoh
03-30-05, 06:10 PM
hey Revoh did you read in that part where it talked about people making one off models and selling them on the net or at show for a lot of money? should have done that brother! if you didnt read my original post go back through and take a look at it, it mentions something similar to that in there. it is out of the May issue of Lowrider.
Ha! That'd be cool. Thanks. :)

I just doubt I'd be good enough for that. I spent forever on that little guy, and I'm not all that happy with it. I don't think I could make someone pay for something that I think is of marginal quality at best. Also, I think I probably spent too much money to make any money. It's a neat idea, though! :thumbsup:

Adam
03-30-05, 06:17 PM
Ha! That'd be cool. Thanks. :)

I just doubt I'd be good enough for that. I spent forever on that little guy, and I'm not all that happy with it. I don't think I could make someone pay for something that I think is of marginal quality at best. Also, I think I probably spent too much money to make any money. It's a neat idea, though! :thumbsup:

well if you dont like yours you could always send it to me :D

Revoh
03-30-05, 06:22 PM
well if you dont like yours you could always send it to me :D
Naw, I like you too much for that. :littlewes

Adam
03-30-05, 09:14 PM
:dammit: why must people like me. oh well i tried:D .

HotRodSaint
03-30-05, 09:15 PM
I picked up the custom green paint Homie Rollerz version today, to display with my black DUB city version. It has a Continental kit and comes with two Homies figures.

I went to 2 Walmarts, 3 Targets and 2 Toys R Us.

All I found was this Homie Rollerz and 3 Black DUB's.

I decided I'm going to buy all 4 versions, the 2 DUBS and the 2 Homies.

But I should have decided that the other day, when they had the Silver version DUB too.

Adam
03-30-05, 09:27 PM
shoot i couldnt find any around here. i had to order mine which still havent come yet. it said i should get them in 4-6 weeks. watch the day they come in the mail they will release them in the stores around here. hell HRS you remember what it was like in this area. i hate living here. wish i still lived in Michigan.