: Ronaele = 2005 Eleanor

Stoneage_Caddy
03-26-05, 12:41 AM
Check it out , its eleanor spelled backwards ...i saw this car at chikfilet today and came right home to figure out what it was , scribbled the name down and when i got home and looked at it i figured out why this 2005 GT looked some much like a retro "eleanor" from the latest gone in 60 second movie ...this car is amazing in person ...im in love with it ...

http://www.ronaelemustang.com/images/cars/grey-white.jpg

http://www.ronaelemustang.com/

Ralph
03-26-05, 12:46 AM
Other than the back spoiler I like it. I bet guys that have that re-make of the '67 or an original are angry that the new ones are stealing their thunder, style wise.

Stoneage_Caddy
03-26-05, 12:47 AM
belive me , in persont he spoiler looks just right ....and i hate spoilers...belive me i asked a guy at pontiac if there was a "spoiler delete" for the GTO ...LOL

Stoneage_Caddy
03-26-05, 12:48 AM
there is some difference now that i look at it ...the car i saw today had sidepipes just liek the real eleanor..and that spoiler does look funny , i hope its just the shot angle ...

Ralph
03-26-05, 12:50 AM
belive me , in persont he spoiler looks just right ....and i hate spoilers...belive me i asked a guy at pontiac if there was a "spoiler delete" for the GTO ...LOL

Personally, I agree, I don't think it needs a spoiler. Was there one on the car Nicolas Cage drove in the movie?

I went to see the new GT's today and I think they look GREAT w/o any rear spoiler because I think it "liped" upwards a bit anyway. It's kinda like putting a spoiler on the Trans Am from SA, just isn't meant to be imo. :suspense:

Ya know, at the dealership, they had a yellow GT with the black twin stripesmuch like the one in your link.

Stoneage_Caddy
03-26-05, 01:06 AM
i really havent like a mustang since the 85.5 SVO ...but these new ones are something ....if they moved the gas tank (or at least the filler tube) i might have to buy one ....the reason i havent owned one is because my grandfather was killed in one when it was hit and the filler neck seperated fromt he gasktank and ..well you know ...boom

too bad the new elenor didnt do something about those tailights ...i woulda like to have seen a retro set of the Shelby 500 units which i think came from a cougar or something with them direction tailights ...the stock ones just seem a smidgen too big for my taste

Ralph
03-26-05, 01:10 AM
i really havent like a mustang since the 85.5 SVO ...but these new ones are something ....if they moved the gas tank (or at least the filler tube) i might have to buy one ....the reason i havent owned one is because my grandfather was killed in one when it was hit and the filler neck seperated fromt he gasktank and ..well you know ...boom

too bad the new elenor didnt do something about those tailights ...i woulda like to have seen a retro set of the Shelby 500 units which i think came from a cougar or something with them direction tailights ...the stock ones just seem a smidgen too big for my taste

May I ask what year was the 'Stang he had the accident in?

My Dad's sister had a nice '69 cougar back in the '70's. I remember it well. I also remember him saying something about how tricky it was to set the sequential turn signals in back. I think they has to be timed or something.

I think the A$$ end and profile of the new Mustang look incredible, even down to the fake gas cap rear center, but if I buy one, i want a fake hood scoop from the previous model year on the hood because it just looks so plain on that long, flat hood.

Stoneage_Caddy
03-26-05, 01:15 AM
May I ask what year was the 'Stang he had the accident in?

My Dad's sister had a nice '69 cougar back in the '70's. I remember it well. I also remember him saying something about how tricky it was to set the sequential turn signals in back. I think they has to be timed or something.

I think the A$$ end and profile of the new Mustang look incredible, even down to the fake gas cap rear center, but if I buy one, i want a fake hood scoop from the previous model year on the hood because it just looks so plain on that long, flat hood.
it was a 84 fox body ...so im not allowed ot have one ...its like one of the family rules ....but they wont be mad at me if i got the 85.5 SVO and put a fuel cell in it (i asked) but basicly any mustang i want i cant have becuase they all got issues , 79-04 are definately out unless i fuel cell them ...

btw found a nice merkur xr4ti tonight ....if i had the space.....itd be mine...

Ralph
03-26-05, 01:23 AM
btw found a nice merkur xr4ti tonight ....if i had the space.....itd be mine...

OH man! I remember those. My HS buddy (rich kid) had one his dad bought for him, they owned a funeral home. His younger brother got a 1986 5.0 LX coupe. Anyhoo, he ended up rolling it and it was only 2 weeks old! It was white. Weren't those a German turbo if i recall? About 1986.

Stoneage_Caddy
03-26-05, 01:34 AM
OH man! I remember those. My HS buddy (rich kid) had one his dad bought for him, they owned a funeral home. His younger brother got a 1986 5.0 LX coupe. Anyhoo, he ended up rolling it and it was only 2 weeks old! It was white. Weren't those a German turbo if i recall?
well ford of eurpoe "sierra" (yah like the same name as the GM pickup)

if memeory serves merkur was german for mercury ...they were poered here in the staes with the same turbo 2.3 as the Turbo Coupe T bird and SVO..but these had IRS , beatter balance (if you ask me) and a much more interesting shape ....