: Code P2101

lollygagger8
08-22-13, 09:19 AM
FYI: I have LS6, Nick Williams 102 TB, FAST 102, AFR 215 Heads, 227/231 cam

So I got my car tuned a few weeks ago, and I've gotten the dreaded "reduced power mode" 3 times since I've gotten the tune. It only happens on wide open throttle.

The spark plug wire on the drivers side in back was laying on header and got burnt, and I thought it was that so I've replaced and put cool socks on all wires, so it's not that.

The tuner said this:
P2101 Is TAC module perf. That sets when the commanded ETC blade position and actual position are out of line and outside of the normal operating window. While that code CAN be turned off, it's almost always pointing to a problem. If the TB is known good and it's wiring, the TAC module is usually what comes next. You have to be careful because that code is there to protect you from an ETC run-away, and that's why it goes into limp mode. So... do ALL of your due diligence and I mean ALL of it. If the issue persists, it can be turned off, but only on two very radical MAF based race cars have I ever actually needed to do it. All of the rest of the cars had a physical problem. Once had a bad ETC connection, three have had failing electronic TBs. It has nothing to do with spark plugs or the ignition system at all.

I don't want the code turned off at all. Do you think the adapter wiring harness for the TB went bad? This thing:
http://www.hinsonsupercars.com/p-934-throttle-body-harness-adapts-gm-ls1-harness-to-gm-ls2-throttle-body.aspx

Or am I really going to need to replace the TAC module?? Those things are salty.

It can't be the NW TB can it??? I would be Sooooooooo pissed.

RyRidesMotoX
08-22-13, 01:01 PM
Have you inspected the wires and connectors? Maybe get in there with an ohmmeter and see if everything is getting proper voltage.

I hope you figure it out... I was hoping to go NW102/FAST102 as well on my LS6.

Naf
08-22-13, 05:53 PM
Quick fix would be to swap tbs with one that shares the same plugs as the problem one.

If the problem persists its a harness issue if it goes away then its ur tb...

----------

Also try ignition on engine off And do wot. Look at the tb and see whats holdin u back.

May be stuck or snagged on something.

U will need a friend to do this

DMM
08-23-13, 11:10 AM
I would first ask what DTC's have already been set to no error reported to make the NW 102 work in the first place. Moving on from that, I would look at the connector/harness. Unfortunately, the Nick Williams does not have a reliable track record. I would see if someone has an LS2 throttle body that you can drive for a bit.

lollygagger8
08-23-13, 04:34 PM
Thanks guys. I don't have a LS2 TB laying around (only a LS6 which is 3 bolt) so I'll have to see if I can scrounge one up. I'll check connections first since that's all free. Hopefully it's something dumb. The thing that sucks is that it doesn't happen everytime I hit WOT, it's random.