: Power window problems

Devil_concours
02-09-03, 12:07 AM
I didn't notice it before but my passenger side window comes up very slowly when it was rolled all the way down. What do i need to check/replace to fix this problem?

Dead Sled
02-09-03, 12:39 AM
Installing relays really help this problem, but making sure the window regulator is lubed good so it can move

Devil_concours
02-09-03, 12:59 AM
could this be related to my other post about my lights losing its brightness at full throttle? I can see the instrument guages lose its brightness with it.
Window problem is only noticeable when the window is roll down pretty far.

Dead Sled
02-09-03, 01:08 AM
if there's enough resistance in the motor it will draw power down and dim you lights

kcnewell
02-09-03, 01:46 AM
Another thing you can try is to remove the motor from the door take it apart and thoroughly clean it reassemble and reinstall it. They get dirty after time and cleaning them will often times make them work like new!

Dead Sled
02-09-03, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by kcnewell
Another thing you can try is to remove the motor from the door take it apart and thoroughly clean it reassemble and reinstall it. They get dirty after time and cleaning them will often times make them work like new!

true, thats how I got my heater blower motor to work. cleaned it up and lubed the bearings