: System..

APatterson
03-24-05, 09:46 PM
I have a couple questions about my '98 Catera..

First off.. I am looking into getting a couple subs. I have the Bose sound sytem and i noticed that it has a stock amp. I dont want to buy any 6x9 speakers I want to keep the stock speakers. So can i just get the new amp wired around it someway, or if i took it to a professional could they do it?

Second.. I know some people who have hooked a system up to the stock CD Player. Is this possible for the Catera? I like the way the stock CD Player looks in the dash. Again, if i took this to a professional could they do it?

Thank You
-APatterson-

salvatrucho519
03-25-05, 01:54 PM
i had my factory amp by passed

NolaBoy
03-26-05, 07:54 PM
To hook the stock cd player up to your aftermarket amp, you need a line output converter. So yes it is possible. Basically it converts the signal from the factory speaker wiring to an rca signal so you can run rca cables to your amp.

Personally I would get some new speakers to go with the aftermarket amp. Stock speakers are only rated for a certian RMS wattage. Usually it is pretty low. Im not sure about the bose system though. Anyway an aftermarket amp is most likely give you more watts than you need with the stock speakers which can reduce your sound quality. Aftermarket speakers can make a world of difference. None the less im sure the factory amp can be bypassed to hookup another amp