: missed out on a 225 dollar 76 Caddy

davids78bronco
02-08-03, 10:58 PM
I'd mentioned it, and asked about it, before. '76 Deville, 500, automatic. First time around it went for 375 opening bid. no bids. Second time around, 220 opening bid.....I was hoping no one would bid. Apparently, someone else was watching that auction also, because it was bid on at the last minute. I won't have money til next week, and I was hoping it'd hit ebay one more time....oh well, dangit

Devil_concours
02-08-03, 11:01 PM
you should have posted this earlier.
We could have thought of something.

davids78bronco
02-09-03, 12:13 AM
I don't follow....thought of what?

Devil_concours
02-09-03, 12:57 AM
thought of a solution
ie.
one of us purchase the car and you buy it later when you have the money.
Or one of us just buy the car and keep it

Dead Sled
02-09-03, 01:08 AM
man i wish i had that 500

davids78bronco
02-09-03, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by Devil_concours
thought of a solution
ie.
one of us purchase the car and you buy it later when you have the money.

AHHh, now I gotcha. That's been offered to another guy in our Bronco board by another member. well shuhcks, if I had known I might be able to take advantage of something like this, I would have spoken up and asked! :halo:

Heh, that's ok, there'll be another one that shows up sometime....maybe I can ask for that favor then

Thanks for the thought tho, especially to someone who's name you've just seen on this board not long ago. If we do make an arrangement like this.....I dunno...maybe you'd get a hair up your ass and want a rollcage in your Caddy! :spin:

Dead Sled
02-09-03, 05:25 PM
roll cage could come in handy for me

muhahaha

Elvis
02-09-03, 09:18 PM
Keep your eyes open, people default on eBay auctions all the time. Maybe it will come back.

davids78bronco
02-09-03, 09:48 PM
Believe me, I'm always watching my area in the parts cars section of ebay

In related news, I was reflecting on a couple identical Caddy's my wife saw when we used toi live in Fairbanks, Alaska. As the picture shows, it's a 57 Limo. As I recall, both were identical in every way. We never did find out if they were for sale, but the week after we saw them, they were both gone. Boy do we regret not finding out more about it.

http://davidsbig78bronco.netfirms.com/leftfrtview.jpg

But we've decided.....we want one! We both love the body style, and PLENTY of room for the kids, with the ride comfort of a ...., well, of a limo! So, maybe this time next year, ,we're going to start looking for a limo of this size, or a stretch, like this one -

http://www.lastingimpressions1.com/limo_sho/57_cad_long.jpg