: What are the OEM tires for the DTS? What are the best tires?

tjwhite721
08-19-13, 08:25 PM
Are they Good Years or Michellin (spelling)

My used DTS came with Good Year Assurance fuel max, I don't like them.

What tires are the best for the DTS?

teckguy
08-19-13, 10:27 PM
Just bought Firestone F710s last week... So far I like them :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App (http://www.autoguide.com/mobile)

grullon10
08-19-13, 11:24 PM
Some 06 came with continetal tire they are good and cheap

hazcaddy
08-20-13, 09:35 AM
There are a bunch of threads in this forum on tires, I would suggest you do a search.

Many are very happy with the Michelin Primacy MXV4, which seems to match the characteristics and dynamics of our cars well.

Cadillacman916
08-20-13, 08:03 PM
Factory tires depend on What options you have. My 2011 premium has Michelin energy mxv4's. My 07 performance came with bridgestone turanzas, both good tires, but the bridgestones are a lot more aggressive than the Michelins

EdForsythe
09-07-13, 10:05 PM
There are a bunch of threads in this forum on tires, I would suggest you do a search.

Many are very happy with the Michelin Primacy MXV4, which seems to match the characteristics and dynamics of our cars well.

Just purchased a used 2010 DTS Premium and am considering (strongly) going to Michelin Primacy MXV4 (H) tires. Which speed rating do you recommend "H" or "V"?
BTW dealer had some no name (Champrill) tires on the car and I am getting road noise.

Superjim
09-08-13, 10:22 AM
Just purchased a used 2010 DTS Premium and am considering (strongly) going to Michelin Primacy MXV4 (H) tires. Which speed rating do you recommend "H" or "V"?
BTW dealer had some no name (Champrill) tires on the car and I am getting road noise.

Look on the drivers door placard ... it will tell you what the original tires were rated at.
Your car probably has the speed limiter set at either 112 or 123...
"H" rated tires are good for sustained driving at 130...
"V" rated tires are good for sustained driving at 149...

All other things being equal... the SIDEWALLS of a "V" rated tire are (usually but not always) stiffer then the sidewalls in an "H" rated tire.
The "H" will give a SLIGHTLY smoother, more comfortable ride than the "V" rated tire.

jazoo
09-08-13, 12:41 PM
In my opinion Michelin Primacy MXV4, with Uniform Tire Quality Grade (UTQG) rating of 620 A A, are the best tires.

stormnn
09-08-13, 01:26 PM
Love my Michelin Primacy MXV4's
Norm

hazcaddy
09-08-13, 02:54 PM

Ed:

I'm no expert on tires so I went to the folks who are (Tire Rack, I am VERY happy with them) and put in your car details and tire you mentioned; they came back with an "H" rating.

Ozlander
09-08-13, 04:23 PM
Love my Michelin Primacy MXV4's
Norm

Yep. :cloud9:

jazoo
09-09-13, 02:11 PM

The speed ratings on my Caddy is 98H. The speed rating of H is 130mph and the speed rating of V is 149 mph.

I haven't heard of Champrill tires but I have heard of Champiro tires. The tires you have are not reliable tires. I would recommend changing to Primacy MXV4 (98H) ASAP.

MrZoSo
09-11-13, 09:00 AM
65k and still going with Michelin Primacy MXV4...

stormytown
09-17-13, 11:39 PM
I have the Primacy Michelin's on my 06 DTS and like the overall performance of them.. However, my friend who has a 07 DTS put on some Firestones (sorry don't know the models) and his ride is quite a bit smoother and softer than mine... and they were much cheaper. Only thing is that they are a bit "squirly" on groved pavement.

Steve in Iowa

farmboy49
09-21-13, 01:14 PM
I put on Michelin Defenders on my 07 DTS, Lux III. They handle and ride nice.