: Heater Actuators

AllenPacla
03-23-05, 08:58 PM
Are these actuators available online? I am trying to find them at GM Parts direct without success. I am hoping anyone who replaced one in the past can shed light as to the part number perhaps or what they call it. And where to find them in a Catera, if you have any info, is most welcome. Thanks guys.

AllenPacla
03-24-05, 08:25 PM
For those interested, i found the actuators. It is located near the bottom of the center column. You can expose it further by removing the foam padded cover under the glove box and then looking at your left just before the padded bottom of the column, there it is. It's covered with a pear shaped plastic which you have to remove first by just snapping them off, and it will reveal three screws that holds the actuator in place. It's so easy to drop the screw inside the column so be careful, just like i was adviced, i almost lost one screw. Anyway, I didn't have to replace the actuators in mine, i just popped it out a little and then re-seat it in place and it's working there after. Probably, just got stucked due to it being not used for a long time.

stevehogan
03-24-05, 09:03 PM
Hey Allen,

Saw your post on the Yahoo group. I know that you fonud the problem (per your post above), but if it doesn't work out, perhaps you might look at the cabin air filter. Mine was COMPLETELY clogged when I got my car. Replaced it and HVAC pumps well-controlled air ever since.

S