: Please Help with Starting Probelm

05 Escalade EXT
08-19-13, 02:30 PM
Hello all, I'm new to posting but have read several informational posts and I thank everyone for them.
Hopefully someone can figure this out. 05 Escalade EXT has a problem turning over the starter is 2 years old and is good (took it out and had it tested), new battery, and cables appear good. Engine will turn over a couple of times with freshly charged battery and if I'm lucky start, but that is it. If the engine doesn't start on first or second turn of the key the engine wont turn, over just kick the starter gear out. I have gotten to the end of the road with ideas. Anyone who could add anything or had some issue I beg for some info. Thanks in advance.

the cadillac man
08-19-13, 04:44 PM
Hello all, I'm new to posting but have read several informational posts and I thank everyone for them.
Hopefully someone can figure this out. 05 Escalade EXT has a problem turning over the starter is 2 years old and is good (took it out and had it tested), new battery, and cables appear good. Engine will turn over a couple of times with freshly charged battery and if I'm lucky start, but that is it. If the engine doesn't start on first or second turn of the key the engine wont turn, over just kick the starter gear out. I have gotten to the end of the road with ideas. Anyone who could add anything or had some issue I beg for some info. Thanks in advance.

Is the starter relay clicking if yes and no lock light staying on then the starter is dying on you best to replace it before it lays down on you completely

05 Escalade EXT
08-19-13, 05:47 PM
Update. Just took the brand new (2 days old) battery back in to get checked. It was BAD, so I'll be back out to the truck in a bit hopefully it was the bad new battery. Counter person was like no the battery can't be bad but I'll check it for you anyway. After it tested bad I said thanks for testing your too new to be bad battery, now I'll be getting another new one. I'll keep everyone posted on the results.

6lbsofSound
08-19-13, 06:45 PM
I would check the alternator and make sure it's not on its way out.

the cadillac man
08-19-13, 07:35 PM
Update. Just took the brand new (2 days old) battery back in to get checked. It was BAD, so I'll be back out to the truck in a bit hopefully it was the bad new battery. Counter person was like no the battery can't be bad but I'll check it for you anyway. After it tested bad I said thanks for testing your too new to be bad battery, now I'll be getting another new one. I'll keep everyone posted on the results.

I know that feeling and have had that done to me before where they act like the battery hasn't failed even though it wouldn't start the truck/car it was in

05 Escalade EXT
08-20-13, 10:46 AM
Thanks to everyone, I think it has been cured. Put second new battery in it last night and started it about a half dozen times in less than 5 minutes, went out there this morning and did 2 more starts to double check and everything is good. It was a bad battery after all. I guess even supposedly brand new things are broke from the very start sometimes. Still going to take it in to get the alternator tested (was told it has to be on the truck to test) just to make sure it is putting out a good charge. Again thanks for the forum and all of the great threads.

JC

the cadillac man
08-20-13, 12:11 PM
Thanks to everyone, I think it has been cured. Put second new battery in it last night and started it about a half dozen times in less than 5 minutes, went out there this morning and did 2 more starts to double check and everything is good. It was a bad battery after all. I guess even supposedly brand new things are broke from the very start sometimes. Still going to take it in to get the alternator tested (was told it has to be on the truck to test) just to make sure it is putting out a good charge. Again thanks for the forum and all of the great threads.

JC

Glad to hear you got it fixed