: Interior lighting 2008 DTS

Atavar
08-19-13, 12:40 AM
Is the interior lighting (dome lights) supposed to be LED lighting? (2008 DTS lux-II) I really hate the dim LED bulbs, and with a 150 Amp alternator the car should be able to support nice bright incandescent or even halogen bulbs. I have only had this car about a week and it is my first modern (?) Caddi so I really don't know a lot about it.
I am wondering if the P.O. swapped the bulbs out to be cool. I am hoping so because then I could swap them back and have bulbs bright enough to be useful. I am afraid though, that if the car is designed for the LED's and I stuck regular bulbs in there I would screw something up.

STSClint
08-19-13, 11:50 AM
All Cadillac DTS' have LED interior bulbs. Im not sure how hard it would be to switch out because I loved mine.. on another note however the lighting in my DTS was very bright... almost blinding

jazoo
08-19-13, 07:46 PM
The interior lighting in my Caddy is also very bright.

Atavar
08-19-13, 09:16 PM
I guess I'll have the service guy look at it next time I have the car at the dealer. Pretty much can't read anything with smaller print than a playing card unless I hold it right under the light.
I'll try and grab a picture tonight after it gets dark so you can look and tell me if what i have is normal.

Atavar
08-20-13, 12:12 AM
Here is a quick pick that pretty closely resembles what I actually see. There *is* usable light in a couple of focused zones, but dog forbid if you should want to look for something in the center console or by your feet. I put a flashlight in the center console for those occasions. I am always dropping stuff I need to find.
the lighting in my '14 Subaru or my '86 Chevy G20 Van are both twice as bright plus they throw an even light all over the cabin.
LED's were in their infancy in '08 and really suck in comparison to today's LED's.