: got a brake issue, looking for advice

twrtoad
08-18-13, 11:44 PM
hello all,
Ok, got a break issue and am not sure which direction to go. About a month or so ago I did the front breaks and everything went good. This weekend I had an issue and looking for advice. Driving down the road everything going normal, press on breaks to stop, everything feels fine and then it looses pedal pressure and makes a weird sound, almost reminds me of when you turn the steering wheel to far and the pump squeels. this only lasts for maybe 1 second and then the sound goes away and the pedal instantly gets pressure again. The rest of the way home it worked fine. I looked at the breaks and everything looks fine, fluid is to the full mark, there we no smells or anything, I checked the codes and there were no codes indicating no problems and no lights came on the dash. I do have the dealer service manuals if someone could point me in the right direction. Just wondering if this is the beginning of something going wrong.
Thank you all,
James:confused:

imarmstead
08-23-13, 11:52 PM
I don"t know if anyone responded yet. But I have the same problem I wrote about months ago. This happens to me everytime i make a sharp turn, like Ina parking lot trying to get into a space or getting into my driveway. I have an open complaint with GM. And not getting much done about it. Google it and you will find other with the same problem. I have a 2006 CTS

twrtoad
08-25-13, 10:48 PM
Nobody has replied yet and since I originally posted this message it has happened once again. Both times mine did it I was actually driving straight, not turning or anything. If you find anything out let me know,
Thank you
Jim

07 Caddy KS
10-14-13, 07:39 AM
Anyone get answers about this issue.. my 07 cts is doing the same thing.

twrtoad
10-21-13, 06:40 PM
After doing some research I think it might have to do with the electronic brake/traction control module or something related to it. this is just my educated quess but dont know for sure. Next time I am in town I am going to stop by the junk yard and grab some pieces and start replacing stuff till I find the answer.