: Cadillac Racing....

EvilXbox
03-23-05, 01:06 AM
I know about the new CTS-V racecars (Max Papis & Andy Pilgrims Rides) but what about the old LMP-2 Cars? The prototypes cadillac should get involved in again,I don't remeber to much about them except they were god affaly fast! Any one know if they're going to start those again or maybe a new prototype?

-Evil

danbuc
03-23-05, 01:40 AM
I haven't heard anything in a long time, regarding their prototypes, but it would be nice if they started that program back up. They could compete with AUDI in two classes at once.

HotRodSaint
03-23-05, 12:03 PM
They dropped it in favor of the CTS-V program.

With GM's financial troubles, I wouldn't expect another shot a Le Mans anytime soon.

EvilXbox
03-23-05, 12:52 PM
Didn't somone say there was a enginner for a one of the caddys on here? :)

Stoneage_Caddy
03-23-05, 12:59 PM
Didn't somone say there was a enginner for a one of the caddys on here? :)
yes but i dont think he was part of the LMP program ...tho he might have provided some early assistance bringing the engine from a production based unit to the twin turbo LMP motor

EvilXbox
03-23-05, 01:21 PM
Is he still part of caddy? Maybe he could suggest something to GM to do it.

EvilXbox
03-23-05, 01:29 PM
Well, atleast team Joest is comming back next year with 3 audi r9's......Too bad about caddy and panoz lmp cars.

Stoneage_Caddy
03-23-05, 01:33 PM
Well, atleast team Joest is comming back next year with 3 audi r9's......Too bad about caddy and panoz lmp cars.
or r10r ..depends on how things work out ....the Turbo Diesel V10 sounds interesting

im not sure joest will have them , they will probably stay with r8 for the first year , Audi will want a backup plan incase the diesels dont work out ...Porshce pulled a similar stunt

EvilXbox
03-23-05, 01:34 PM
Team Joest wasnt there this year because they we're getting ready for the R9's, or so their site said. And Champion racing will also have 2 new Audi's.