: Interesting headlight thoughts...

ShadowLvr400
03-23-05, 02:00 AM
I've been thinking, the old fashioned yellowish lights that are in the car now are kinda ugly, but the big square housing could be useful. Anyone think projectors, like the BMW's use might be nice? IE, take some bimmer headlights and shove them in with proper fitting? 96 Fleetwood. Just random thoughts I have. :)

davesdeville
03-23-05, 02:52 AM
Those lights look good on a BMW... other cars I've seen them on are a Corsica and an Eldo... they look OK on smaller cars. I think they'd look like straight ass on a big Fleetwood.

ShadowLvr400
03-23-05, 04:02 AM
Those lights look good on a BMW... other cars I've seen them on are a Corsica and an Eldo... they look OK on smaller cars. I think they'd look like straight ass on a big Fleetwood.

I dunno, they look pretty good on the big 7 series. It's just one of those ideas I toss around when I see cars out on the roadway.

juiceE
03-23-05, 01:04 PM
IM NOT EVEN SURE WHAT THOSE LOOK LIKE, PHOT SHOP ANY ONE ?... DAM THAT REMINDS ME I NEED TO GET THAT BULB HARNESS ALREADY... MIGHT AS WELL PUT IN SUM SYLVANIAS (spel?) WHILE IM AT IT

juiceE
03-23-05, 01:05 PM
IM NOT EVEN SURE WHAT THOSE LOOK LIKE, PHOTO SHOP ANY ONE ?... DAM THAT REMINDS ME I NEED TO GET THAT BULB HARNESS ALREADY... MIGHT AS WELL PUT IN SUM SYLVANIAS (spel?) WHILE IM AT IT

ShadowLvr400
03-23-05, 07:20 PM
http://fp.images.autos.msn.com/merismus/gallery/c438204a.jpg

http://www.bbpix.com/pix/DSC02905.JPG

(I have to link like this to be sure. Go look, both are work safe.)

davesdeville
03-23-05, 08:37 PM
ShadowLvr since I have your attention... on your now dead Eldo you did have the block timeserted before you nitroused it, correct?

ocjmakaveli
03-23-05, 08:47 PM
Why mess with perfection?

I doubt that it would look better than it is now.

I liek the bmw lights on bmw vehicles but I don't think they mix well together.

ShadowLvr400
03-23-05, 11:42 PM
ShadowLvr since I have your attention... on your now dead Eldo you did have the block timeserted before you nitroused it, correct?

The block got time serted when I did the head work. The nitrous had already been on there before the rebuild. I never sprayed once the motor had gotten rebuilt.

davesdeville
03-24-05, 04:25 AM
So you sprayed a 125 shot without losing the head gaskets? Katshot had me convinced a 50 shot would be instant death. Interesting... As soon as I have $500 to put in the savings account to do the repair myself if they go I'm doing it. Sorry for all this off topic crap I'll :shhh: now.

ShadowLvr400
03-24-05, 12:06 PM
So you sprayed a 125 shot without losing the head gaskets? Katshot had me convinced a 50 shot would be instant death. Interesting... As soon as I have $500 to put in the savings account to do the repair myself if they go I'm doing it. Sorry for all this off topic crap I'll :shhh: now.

Ok, I partly got away with mine because I ran a direct injection setup. We'd drilled into the manifold over each runner, and set an injector there with fuel and nitrous flowing in. And I did eventually lift the heads, though that was also partially from a backfire that happened. You might be able to do a search under the northstar section, or the Eldo section for the stories on that stuff. Or AiM me at ProjectCaddyGuy