: Transmission slips on hot days

GFox
08-17-13, 10:12 PM
I notice that on hot days, my transmission slips when shifting from 3rd - 4th gear. It runs fine in the morning and on cool days when the road surface is not hot, as least that what I am thinking. There are no lights or other indication on the dash. I'm thinking that it could be one of the shift sensors or even the speed sensor, but I could be completely wrong. Any ideas?

investor74
08-17-13, 11:59 PM
How is the temperature in you engine as measured by the dash meter when it gets hot out? If the radiator is not working efficiently, the transmission fluid could be overheating as well.

It's possible you are low on trans fluid or that the trans fluid needs to be replaced, particularly if the trans has run hot for an extended period of time.

Also, connect a code reader and see if there are any codes which could be a clue.

GFox
08-18-13, 04:06 PM
Thanks for your response. I forgot to mention that on those hot days when the tranny slips, if I manually shift it, it works fine, as long as I don't engage it in "D". I will take it over to AutoZone and get a read and post the results here.

Thanks again.

GFox
08-22-13, 07:29 PM
Well, there are no transmission related codes that came up when they scanned it at AutoZone, just a few cylinders misfiring. I'll just change the fluid and filter and see what happens.