: 15" to 16" tires on 94 fwb

newside
08-17-13, 09:42 PM
hi guys. i'm thinking of going to a 16" tire on my 94 fwb. could anyone give me a direction as to what 16" rim will fit on the 94 fwb.The eldorado and sts rims can be nice but, i'm looking for something elegent for the old girl. I'm not sure if the switch can be done but, I'd appeaciate some input. thanks much

jayoldschool
08-17-13, 10:26 PM
Why bother with 16"? That's a small wheel these days. There aren't any nice aluminum 16s in 5x5 RWD offset that will work. There are 16" steel off the late 5 bolt 2WD Tahoe. The only stock GM plus size wheel that will work is the 94-96 Impala SS wheel, but is 17". Lots of aftermarket choices.

CadillacPimpinNOLA
08-18-13, 12:24 PM
you can put eldorado or sts wheels on the FWB but you have have to use adapters since its a front wheel drive rim and different bolt pattern going on a rear wheel drive car

all adapters come standard 1.25" thickness that will work but i prefer a 2" adapter, sets the wheel just right and it will need to be 5x5 to 5x4.75 i think is the bolt pattern

Cadillacboy
08-18-13, 01:40 PM
Years ago, I used to think of such a swap or upgrade too whatever you name it lol
I was told to have some little mods to fit 16" tires 235/60/16 or 17" impala SS rims would fit nicer .Then, my dad also disapproved such a change and we put it in the pipe and smoke it literally lol
If you are insisted on using non GM products , I recommend you MB or AMG wheels providing these will fit with spacers or such extra studs , MB makes very decent design , I refer to W212's Luxury aka Elegance 10 spoke wheels

cadillac kevin
08-18-13, 02:34 PM
There is a guy on the gmlongroof forum who is running BBS BMW lace rims on his wagon. IIRC, he had to have them redrilled, but they look slick.