: 2006 DTS security system

gmbennett89
08-17-13, 04:48 PM
I am satisfied with the stock security system on the 06 DTS, but im not a fan of not being able to know if the alarm is going off when not being I the vicinity of my vehicle. Is there a way for me to get an add on for a 2 way tranmitter fob, or would I just simlly need to purchase a bew security system? Any responses will be greatly appreciated.

STSClint
08-19-13, 10:59 AM
I personally never lock my car... i used to always leave my DTS open. Its not the 1980s anymore when people steal radios and I try to keep all money and personal items with me. But I also live up north where people tend to be honest. Another idea is if you have onstar maybe they could tell you more about aftermarket sytems and how it might affect your onstar system if installed... I'm sure it would work fine just be careful on which one you choose and make sure it is installed professionally. Ive heard of some DIY kits that can be a hassle after theyre installed.. just remember locks are for honest people... if someone had enough ambition to get in all they need to do is break a window. Good luck on your endeavor and keep us updated! Cheers!

dts214
08-21-13, 11:15 PM
Get a aftermarket alarm with autostart etc.