: 2009 DTS Traction/Stability issue 10 miles pass 100,000 Odometer reading

Fergy5
08-17-13, 12:25 PM
Have anyone experience "Service Stability Traction" problems right after their 2009 DTS reached 100,000? My Power train warranty ran out at 100,000 and now the problems start. Could the computer be programed to read the odometer during its self-diagnostic process?

Superjim
08-17-13, 04:44 PM
Have anyone experience "Service Stability Traction" problems right after their 2009 DTS reached 100,000? My Power train warranty ran out at 100,000 and now the problems start. Could the computer be programed to read the odometer during its self-diagnostic process?

If it's only 10 miles past the warranty.... the dealer may fix it as a GOODWILL repair...
They don't HAVE TO... but most of them are pretty reasonable...

Fergy5
08-17-13, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the response. I found out that my brake fluid is lower because of wear. I add a very small amount of fluid and no problem. Later this week I will change my brake pads, and this will bring my fluid level back up.

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-17-13, 06:39 PM
Have anyone experience "Service Stability Traction" problems right after their 2009 DTS reached 100,000? My Power train warranty ran out at 100,000 and now the problems start. Could the computer be programed to read the odometer during its self-diagnostic process?Hello Fergy5,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern with the “Service Stability Traction” light right after your powertrain warranty expired. I am not aware of any programming that reads the odometer and makes the light illuminate after 100,000 miles unless there was a concern detected. If you would like any assistance in working with the dealership, please private message me you name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership you would like to work with. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care