: 1991 brougham car stereo kit

MattMoMoney
03-22-05, 12:54 AM
I cant seem to find an instalation kit for my model. Ive looked at so many web sites and the fleetwood is listed (instead of the brougham) but there pictures and instructions do not match my car. My a/c vents are vertical on either side of the radio while the fleetwood a/c vents are horizantil above the radio. I also heard that the reciever and stock amp are in the trunk and whatsin my dash is just a controll module. ALL I WANT IS A FREAKING CD PLAYER! and i dont wanna pay 300 bucks to get it installed when all i really need is a 10 dollar instalation kit. thanks for your help.

90Brougham350
03-22-05, 01:15 AM
Nope, there's no external amp. I went through the same thing you're going through now. The only thing we have is a control box which is located inside the dash between the headunit and the steering column. I left all the stock equipment alone, because I couldn't find any aftermarket wiring harnesses either. I put an aftermarket CD player in the glove box, and an $11 Lincoln amp in the trunk, and wired everything myself. Took about 4 hours. The antenna cord comes out of the control box pretty easy, and if you wanna put an aftermarket deck in the stock head unit's place, the cord will reach. You'll just have to run new wires for everything, it's much easier than splicing into the wires coming out of the control box. I was pretty pleased when they told me I had an amp in the trunk, only thing is, I could never find it. Finally, I went to the junkyard, and tore a '90 dash apart to find the control box. Trust me, upgrade everything, it's worth it over the stock crap.

Brian

Brad VV
03-22-05, 11:42 AM
I just bought a 91 Brougham a few weeks ago and made a trip to East Arkansas from Dallas with the stock stereo. Needless to say, when I got home, I bought a new CD player and 4 new speakers. I ran into the same problems. So I took out the head unit and remote reciever (under the dash), rewired everything including the battery cable and new speaker wires, plus an amp for the 6x9's. Then I took it to Best Buy and they modified a fleetwood kit. It looks pretty good and sounds great.

As a side note, I've been looking on this forum for a few weeks now and have gained some useful information, so I just want to say thanks to you all.....And, I love my Cadillac. It has 60,000 original miles on it, and except for the interior roof liner coming down, it is in perfect condition. It sure beats my Geo Storm that I've been driving for 10 years.

Thanks, and good luck
Brad

MattMoMoney
03-22-05, 05:23 PM
Then I took it to Best Buy and they modified a fleetwood kit. It looks pretty good and sounds great.

Brad

how much did that cost

Brad VV
03-23-05, 10:13 AM
It was around $75. But if you could get that same type of plastic and had access to a grinder, you could modify the kit yourself. I just didn't have the time.

Brad