: Creative Steel CTS-V TOE RODS

MotorMounts
08-16-13, 07:35 PM
Just wanted to let you guys know that we have the TOE RODS for our cars on our site now.
As of now we only have red but will be running another batch, they will be powder coated in red AND black hammer tone.

The Toe Rods are $250 a set + $20 insured shipping

Manofmetal01
08-16-13, 07:43 PM
I appreciate the refund to the new price, thanks alot Max!! Looking forward to another early xmas!

MotorMounts
08-16-13, 07:57 PM
I appreciate the refund to the new price, thanks alot Max!! Looking forward to another early xmas!

No Sweat Homie, It's only fair. :thumbsup: I didn't know until now that Kristie had already refunded you the difference in price. That women is honest to a fault.

Manofmetal01
08-17-13, 07:18 AM
She's been a pleasure to deal with.

Junior1
08-17-13, 01:21 PM
All made with the same bushings or different options?

heavymetals
08-17-13, 01:52 PM
Just a suggestion, but make them available with Heim joints (like the BMR) except:

Make the inside bearing mount the correct width so you don't end up distorting the metal torquing it or adding washers.

The #1 complaint about the BMR's is the nut to tighten the inside joint is just about impossible to get at without making a special tool.

hXc95SLS
09-22-13, 10:01 PM
Totally ditching my BMRs for these. I have had nothing but problems with them. I originally purchased a pair of their toe rods right around a year ago through Summit. I didn't get around to installing them until early April. I overhauled the entire rear end of the car. I didn't get around to full out testing the car until early June. I took it to Atco Raceway to make sure all of my hard work had paid off. As I crossed the traps at the top end of the trap, the car took a very hard right for no reason. It's a good thing my buddy in his bolt on WRX missed a shift. We were .2 and.4 tents off in earlier runs. I brought her back into the pits and crawled underneath the rear of the car and started to shake everything down that I could get my hands on. The right rear toe rod would move back and fourth about an eighth of an inch. I emailed BMR and they sent out a new rod end. Swapped it out, the car would still snap without warning under full throttle. Emailed them again, thinking it was a problem with the spacers being damaged from the first pair of bad heim joints. They sent me another pair of heim joints with new spacers. I put them in about three weeks ago and the car still does it. Not nearly as violent as the first few times but its still there. Just sucks I have to spend another $270......

heavymetals
09-23-13, 12:58 AM
Totally ditching my BMRs for these. I have had nothing but problems with them. I originally purchased a pair of their toe rods right around a year ago through Summit. I didn't get around to installing them until early April. I overhauled the entire rear end of the car. I didn't get around to full out testing the car until early June. I took it to Atco Raceway to make sure all of my hard work had paid off. As I crossed the traps at the top end of the trap, the car took a very hard right for no reason. It's a good thing my buddy in his bolt on WRX missed a shift. We were .2 and.4 tents off in earlier runs. I brought her back into the pits and crawled underneath the rear of the car and started to shake everything down that I could get my hands on. The right rear toe rod would move back and fourth about an eighth of an inch. I emailed BMR and they sent out a new rod end. Swapped it out, the car would still snap without warning under full throttle. Emailed them again, thinking it was a problem with the spacers being damaged from the first pair of bad heim joints. They sent me another pair of heim joints with new spacers. I put them in about three weeks ago and the car still does it. Not nearly as violent as the first few times but its still there. Just sucks I have to spend another $270......

You wouldn't have that problem if you shimmed it with fender washers to make it a snug fit before you tried to bolt it in.

You can't torque it down right without doing this.

Same goes for the trailing arms.

OneFast V
09-23-13, 12:59 PM
Just a suggestion, but make them available with Heim joints (like the BMR) except:

Make the inside bearing mount the correct width so you don't end up distorting the metal torquing it or adding washers.

The #1 complaint about the BMR's is the nut to tighten the inside joint is just about impossible to get at without making a special tool.

I would also prefer them with the spherical bearings as opposed to the poly bushings. is this a possibility?

jclayc
09-23-13, 10:51 PM
+1 on the request for spherical bushings - I've avoided calling and asking to keep myself from buying them if/when they say "yes"

MotorMounts
09-24-13, 01:28 PM
I will look more in to a spherical bushing but so far a modified heim joint/rod end will be the answer due to the relative small size required.

I think another group buy will be in order for this project mostly to let me know the true interest level of the community. Who would be interested in a set of toe rods with spherical bushings for $265 shipped?

OneFast V
09-24-13, 01:45 PM
I will look more in to a spherical bushing but so far a modified heim joint/rod end will be the answer due to the relative small size required.

I think another group buy will be in order for this project mostly to let me know the true interest level of the community. Who would be interested in a set of toe rods with spherical bushings for $265 shipped?

Interested (The rod end bearing/heim joint would be my preference)

Junior1
09-24-13, 01:52 PM
Interested me too

barrok69
09-24-13, 01:53 PM
OOh looks good !

I'm not sure the validity of wanting two heim or balljoints on these. This link isn't supposed to move laterally. Whereas the front mounting point of a trailing arm is supposed to rotate, hence the need for the balljoint.

If there was a real reason to even have a balljoint on this link you would only want one anyways. That being said, This link is to control toe. You don't want a balljoint rotating and changing your toe on the fly. A nice stiff poly bushing will accomplish this, just like what is being offered.

heavymetals
09-24-13, 02:57 PM
Most of the "tight" suspensions do not use rubber bushings in toe rods or trailing arms.

The V isn't close to F1 types, but you won't find a lot of polybushings in those or even NASCAR stuff.

They don't drive on potholed roads either which will stress the crap out of a non dampened joint.

When those guys hit something the suspension pieces break or bend big time .

I have removed a lot of the rubber bushing stuff and my V feels like a go-cart.

Here is some info:

http://www.teambgb.com/RSS%20Toe%20Links.jpg

http://www.usa7s.net/vb/showthread.php?t=150 (this link has a bitchin picture of a street setup, post #8)

Here is a place that make "A" arms:

http://www.chaosfab.com/2007-2013-Toyota-Tundra-Upper-Control-Arm-Suspension-Kit-87500.html

mario_lima1
09-26-13, 09:22 AM
I will look more in to a spherical bushing but so far a modified heim joint/rod end will be the answer due to the relative small size required. I think another group buy will be in order for this project mostly to let me know the true interest level of the community. Who would be interested in a set of toe rods with spherical bushings for $265 shipped?

Interested!!

MotorMounts
09-26-13, 01:18 PM
We are up to 4 people that are interested. Anybody else??

jclayc
09-28-13, 04:02 PM
Count me in

BradCTSV
09-29-13, 03:08 AM
I should have waited for these.

nikdsctsv
10-01-13, 12:23 AM
Max, I would also be interested in these with spherical bushings. please Pm me and I can organize another group buy to get things going! Thanks again for another awesome product!

hXc95SLS
10-01-13, 10:44 PM
You wouldn't have that problem if you shimmed it with fender washers to make it a snug fit before you tried to bolt it in.

You can't torque it down right without doing this.

Same goes for the trailing arms.

I shimmed them once BMR sent the first set. They still managed to break.

verywhitedevil
10-02-13, 02:54 AM
i am interested

heavymetals
10-02-13, 12:21 PM
I shimmed them once BMR sent the first set. They still managed to break.

You must really be pushing the rear around to apply that much pressure to bust them.

MotorMounts
10-02-13, 02:00 PM
I'm working on the details (price of components) of what it will take to put this group buy together.

dmax/04v
10-02-13, 06:56 PM
Of course I see this after I reassemble the V and have it aligned. Dammit.

jweymar
10-06-13, 10:02 AM
count me in

raguncajn
10-06-13, 10:22 AM
I"m in too.