: Cadillac's new flagship?

gohawks63
08-15-13, 11:51 PM
The more I look at it the more I REALLY like it.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2008-2013-cadillac-cts-general-discussion/349426-new-cadillac-concept-coupe-elmiraj.html#post10747890

dennis93coupe
08-16-13, 04:03 PM
I liked it the first picture I saw. The problem will be the price. I don't need 500 horsepower. They will need to make it affordable for more people than just those who want just high performance. I am going to look at it as another teaser Cadillac throws out there and doesn't follow through with.

C&C
08-17-13, 06:01 AM
I liked it the first picture I saw. The problem will be the price. I don't need 500 horsepower. They will need to make it affordable for more people than just those who want just high performance. I am going to look at it as another teaser Cadillac throws out there and doesn't follow through with.
If Cadillac does in fact release a model based on this concept, and produce it with a 'flagship' intention, they shouldn't cheap'n it with an economy version; the flagship should enlighten the brand. Keep it pure. JMO

PC12
08-17-13, 02:51 PM
I like that but it needs more front end ground clearance!

DTS man33
08-19-13, 01:46 PM

I guess you do not understand the point of a flagship. It is not supposed to be some cheap underpowered lowend model. It is supposed to sit at the top of the line up in terms of power, price, feature content etc. If you cannot afford a 70 to 80 grand flagship then that is the reason Cadillac makes the ATS and CTS, for people that still want Cadillac but cannot put down almost 100 grand on a car. Also even though this car is a teaser the final model is already in the works and set to debut in a few years but as a 4 door. The GM CEO has already told some new outlets that the new flagship is a done deal and would be out in about 2 years which in the past we never heard any former GM CEO say that.

RippyPartsDept
08-19-13, 02:36 PM
make sure to note of the last bullet point

Cadillac confirms that it's working on the super-sedan for launch about two years hence. Details remain closely held, but several things are known:•The car will use a rear-drive chassis very loosely based on the CTS. There will be an all-wheel drive version, too.

•It will not be based on GM's Australian Holden rear-drive cars. Holden has been a source for other big, rear-drive cars, most recently the Chevrolet SS.
•It will not necessarily replace the XTS, which is based on a front-drive chassis, and also offers an all-wheel-drive variant. XTS is nearly as popular in the U.S. as Caddy's other two sedans, ATS and CTS. And XTS is a big hit in China, which is a huge market for GM.
•The super-size Caddy sedan won't resemble the brand's recent concept cars, but will use some styling highlights from them, such as the knife-edge row of lights on the front fenders, similar to the new CTS.
Akerson pointed out the CTS' crisp fender-ridge front lights as a distinguishing facet and "the face" of future Cadillac models.

source: http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2013/07/19/gm-ceo-akerson-cadillac-big-sedan/2570275/

dennis93coupe
08-22-13, 01:52 AM
I didn't say I can't afford it. I only said they need to make it affordable to more people. 4 door and I'll pass.