: remote Problems?

mcz
03-21-05, 10:57 AM
Hey,

In the past few days i have noticed haveing to get closer and closer to the car for the remote to work. I then replaced the battery and the same thing nothing different. I was wondering if any one has had the same problem or if any one knows how to fix it?

P.S. It is a 98 catera

acecody
03-26-05, 01:28 PM
This may seem like a really dumb answer but sometimes when you buy new batteries they might already be dead, sounds funny and its rare, but it happens, try another new battery and see if that fixes it. :rolleyes:

Vesicant
03-26-05, 04:52 PM
Our car does the same thing, its finiky somedays - even replaced the battery.

NolaBoy
03-26-05, 06:45 PM
Mine is like that also. Somedays i can shoot it out the window of my upstairs apartment with no problem. Then again somedays i have to virtually walk right up to the car. I dunno :confused:

inconnu
04-11-05, 09:49 PM
Hey,

In the past few days i have noticed haveing to get closer and closer to the car for the remote to work. I then replaced the battery and the same thing nothing different. I was wondering if any one has had the same problem or if any one knows how to fix it?

P.S. It is a 98 catera

Ditto here
tried 2 battries ,no luck :want:

APatterson
04-11-05, 09:57 PM
I've had the problem too, mine actually got to the point where i would press it and nothing would happen. So i slammed the remote on the ground of the parking lot i was in, out of anger cuz i couldnt get in my car.. haha. Then realized how stupid it was to do that because i locked it with the remote, and by using the key then, i would... set off my alarm? so, i put it back together... and it works..

mrman88
04-21-05, 10:45 PM
My car has a mind of its own sometimes. Somedays i have to unlock it again with the remote before it will respond to the lock command.

AllenPacla
04-22-05, 01:11 AM
Talking about the remote of the Catera and how troublesome it could sometimes, how difficult it could be to install an aftermarket remote/alarm by yourself? I am thinking of upgrading to something more sophisticated like those with remote start, pager, and all other new stuff. But the thing that is keeping me from doing it is i might end up giving myself a big headache. I'd love the idea of doing it myself, aside from saving money, it might probably teach me a thing or two about the car. But anyway, does it really need the help of a professional to achieve such? I'm wondering....