: Are my brakes dragging?

carguy16
03-21-05, 09:32 AM
I told you about a squeak from the front left wheel a little while ago, and I just realized last night as soon as I start braking the squeaking stops, when I take my foot of the brake the squeaking resumes? What would be causing this??? Front left wheel.

ocjmakaveli
03-21-05, 02:22 PM
I told you about a squeak from the front left wheel a little while ago, and I just realized last night as soon as I start braking the squeaking stops, when I take my foot of the brake the squeaking resumes? What would be causing this??? Front left wheel.

are the discs new or resurfaced?

what kind of pads did you use?

you may need special brake grease that you should apply to the back of the brake pads to avoid squeaks from the caliper piston making contact with the brake pad.

although with this kind of squeak usually it would be caused by a warped rotor or a loose pad.

other than that also check your wheel lug nuts NOW because I had a similar incident last week my Rear left wheel would make a noise but when I would brake the noise would stop and it also vibrated it turned out the lug nuts were all loose on that wheel.

Recheck all your lug nuts.

Let us know what happens.