: Video: Aftermarket Stereo Systems

Ralph
03-21-05, 12:06 AM
http://www.drivingtelevision.com/segmentviewer.php?segment=7&episode=205&searchStatus=&keyword=&keywordcall=&segtitle=

Kev
03-21-05, 12:22 AM
C'mon Ralph, are you really interested in sound systems or just seeing Dagmar explain them?

Years ago, before sub woofers were popular, I went shopping for a car stereo. The pimply faced teen working at the audio store was showing me the different models, telling me which ones had the lowest distortion and noise specs. He went on to describe the impressive system that he had installed in his little import (the system was worth more than the car). I stopped him as politely as I could (not!) and pointed out the window. "See that piece of junk out there? That's my car. When I drive down the freeway there is so much road noise in that thing I couldn't tell distortion and noise levels from wind noise. Just give me the cheapest deck you got that has enough power so that I can tell which song I'm listening to at 70 mph!"

Well, now that I'm driving my Cadi, a car that rides nice and quiet I could appreciate a better system. The only problem is the factory sound works very well for me. Go figure!

Ralph
03-21-05, 12:27 AM
C'mon Ralph, are you really interested in sound systems or just seeing Dagmar explain them?

Little of both I suppose. :shhh: I installed a Kenwood in the old Phoenix and before that it had a Clarion with a matching 5 band eq. I admit I'm not touching the fleetwood's stereo and even spent $355 fixing the original cassette "sympthony sound" player when I could have put in a nice Pioneer cd player for $155.

My 1970 Plymouth had an aftermarket "Holiday" 8-Track that I used a cassette adapter in!! Remember those!!!

Kev
03-21-05, 12:31 AM
My 1970 Plymouth had an aftermarket "Holiday" 8-Track that I used a cassette adapter in!! Remember those!!!Oh yeah, my first car was a '67 Bug. My grandparrents gave me an eight-track for christmas, under dash. I thought I was styllin then baby!