: The Difference between DTS 06-11 & STS 02-04

Cadillac Catera98
08-15-13, 12:07 AM
Hi, everyone I'm not new to the forum or anything, I would like you guys input on two different Cadillac's the DTS 06-11 & STS 02-04. I'm looking to get back into a Cadillac and I would like to know the difference between the DTS and the Seville.... Before I go pick up a caddy that's not for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MoistCabbage
08-15-13, 12:09 AM
This is your THIRD identical thread. Please stop multi posting.

Cadillac Catera98
08-15-13, 12:17 AM
This is your THIRD identical thread. Please stop multi posting.

I can't have input from people in other forums????? This is the DTS forum am I right or wrong, and I would like to know why people love their DTS....

MoistCabbage
08-15-13, 01:28 AM
Forum rules.

If you want info on the DTS, post here. But your first post was in the Seville forums, so I answered there first.

FWIW, whichever forum you post in, the members are most likely going to be biased. Maybe the lounge would have been better.

Tom's Caddy
08-15-13, 10:35 AM
MoistCabbage RELAX, we are all not as smart as you.:bighead:

Superjim
08-15-13, 10:43 AM
Hi, everyone I'm not new to the forum or anything, I would like you guys input on two different Cadillac's the Cadillac DTS 06-11 & Cadillac Seville STS 02-04. I'm looking to get back into a Cadillac and I would like to know the difference between the DTS and the Seville.... Before I go pick up a caddy that's not for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll try to answer your question without complaining about it...This is the first time I have seen it.
Since I own a DTS this is the forum I hang out it... I don't have the time nor the inclination to monitor all another forums...

I have not owned a 02-03 STS, so I really can't do a comparison....but...
I loved my 2006 DTS Performance Sedan when I bought it new.
Seven years and over 131,000 miles later, I still love it.
It is big, smooth, relatively powerful and very comfortable.
It's the best long distance highway cruiser. I have ever owned ... and I have owned a lot of vehicles in my 68 years.

It just FITS ME...
When I have to eventually replace it, I will be looking for a 2011 Platinum as it's replacement.

hazcaddy
08-15-13, 11:03 AM
I too have no problem with you asking a question in the DTS forum about DTS comparisons, Catera98; I do have a problem with someone anointing themselves Disciplinarian...

I often rented 02 - 04 SLSs, not STSs, in SoCal and that's what got me hooked on Cadillacs. You'll find that the STS you're used to is nothing like the later STS: trust me I owned one and it was not an evolution from the 02 - 04. Not much interior room, no storage space in the cabin, and it rode like an oxcart on cobblestones. The thing I liked about the 02 - 04 was the comfort and the room, and this is replicated in the DTS. As far as ride is concerned: the SLS rode like a Lux I to III DTS, and I presume the STS would have ridden like a Performance DTS with the Magnetic Suspension.

The best way for you to check this out of course would be to take some test drives. Good luck!

Gomaz
08-15-13, 08:56 PM
I have never owned a sts but have driven one and they are more sporty then the dts but smaller, I like a larger car that has a softer ride so the dts was what I went for. the sts has a sportier look as well but i luv the long lines of the dts,

lol this will be a hard choice, I am happy with my choice with dts, but i do like the sts as well....tough one lol

MoistCabbage
08-15-13, 10:06 PM
MoistCabbage RELAX, we are all not as smart as you.:bighead:

I'm quite relaxed, thanks. Is there a problem stating forum rules and asking a member not to clutter up the forums?

oldcaddybuyer
08-15-13, 11:50 PM
I've owned a 2003 Seville STS and spent time behind the wheel of several DTS before I bought my current 2011 STS. A DTS Performance/Premium drivetrain is close to the fifth generation Seville. They handle about the same to me except the slightly smaller Seville is a tad more nimble with a deeper growl at WOT. The DTS will have a sleeker interior with more features such as massaging/ventilated front seats, front parking sensors, remote start, more remote options on the steering wheel, an updated NAV system, etc. However, I prefer the gage cluster, center stack, and wood trim in the Seville over the DTS. The Seville STS is also well optioned, but will have less goodies than a highly optioned DTS as the last model year was nearly a decade ago.

So it comes down to your needs and wants. What is your price point? Is there one model that appeals to you over the other?

I've been toying with the idea of adding a DTS to the garage myself :shhh:

Notice what's visible in the front window of the DTS :cool:

Asguard726
08-16-13, 01:25 AM
Hey there-I had a 2002 Seville STS with the magnetic suspension. I really liked it, so much so I wound up driving it over 100,000 miles.
I usually trade my cars in around 80,000 miles. I really liked the looks of the newer STS's on the outside but the interior seemed a bit cheesy
to me. Also the two test drives I took were like someone else has said, " like driving on cobblestones". So I looked, hesitantly, at the DTS.
I perceived it as an older persons car. I could not have been more wrong. I bought an 06 DTS LuxIII after my first test drive. I have enjoyed
it so much that I traded it for an 09 DTS Platinum as soon as one became available at my dealer. I find the handling to be on par with the
02 STS. The crisp lines on the exterior I find very appealing. No one will confuse the DTS With any other vehicle. I like that. The interiors of the
two vehicles are not really that dissimilar. The central consoles and gage clusters are nearly identical. The materials and fit and finish of the
DTS interior almost seems to be an evolution of the 02 STS's. And the extra bells and whistles like power fold mirrors, massaging cooling
seats, Nav Traffic and Bluetooth to name a few are icing on the cake.
Try it, you'll like it!
Dan

Submariner409
08-16-13, 05:58 PM
There's more feedback in his identical thread in Seville.

For long road trips and hauling friends, the later loaded DTS would do it for me. For the wild twisties and speed runs, my F55 STS is the cat's meow. YPMV

(Your Preferences May Vary)