: Rear End Ride Height

DopeStar 156
03-20-05, 11:34 PM
Does anyone know what the proper ride height is for the rear end of an 89 Brougham? Mine looks like there's some rear sagging. If I sit on the ground directly infront of the wheel and look, the top of the fender skirt is right above the whitewall. I had 5 passangers in the car and the level ride kept kicking in every few seconds while driving, but had eventually stopped and everything seemed ok.

pimpin88
03-21-05, 09:49 PM
thats about where mine is on my 88 brougham, right at the top of the whitewall

DopeStar 156
03-21-05, 10:49 PM
thats about where mine is on my 88 brougham, right at the top of the whitewall
Hey Pimp, how long does it take your car to level out if you fill it with passangers?

pimpin88
03-22-05, 08:13 AM
i'll try it tonight, i've never really had that many people in it, but i'll get back to you tonight. i'm at school right now

pimpin88
03-22-05, 04:53 PM
i didnt have very many people to experiment with, i'll try and get more at another time, but i got two people in the back seat, approximatly 300-310 lbs total, and it took 7 seconds to raise up to normal height. no one else was in the car or in the drivers seat, car was running, and i used the level ride light to time it. if you need me to try something else just holler

DopeStar 156
03-22-05, 04:56 PM
Thanks pimp. When I get hom on thursday I'll check and see how far the car has sagged since I last ran it Sunday night. Is it typical for there to be a sagging if the car's been sitting for a while like that?

pimpin88
03-22-05, 09:40 PM
mine doesnt seem to sag at all unless there is a lot of snow or something piled up on top of it, which makes sense, but as soon as i start the car, it levels off. it shouldn't sag after sitting for a few days unless there is a small leak, i dont think mine does, but i dont really know because i drive it everyday. i'll check sometime, like when i take it to the mechanic to see if they can figure out my bad gas mileage avg 9-10mpg, i have given up on that. but i'll see if it sags after its been sitting for a while

DopeStar 156
03-23-05, 11:26 AM
I would think it's not uncommon for that to happen, after all air does escape and the cold weather can cause the air to escape quicker, like a balloon after a few days.

Katshot
03-23-05, 01:09 PM
If the compressor comes on several times within a couple minutes or so, you have a leak. As for the correct trim-height, the measurements are NOT simple ones to take as per the OEM so I'd stick with your gut instinct. If the car "seems" to be sagging in the rear, it most likely is. The "proper" way to rectify this is via a new set of rear coil springs. If you install "progressive" springs (like Load-Levelers), you'll virtually eliminate the need for your Electronic Level-Ride system.