: 2002 Eldorado Collector's Edition

ccclarke
03-20-05, 08:33 PM
I started lusting after the new Eldorado body style in the mid-90's, and vowed, "Someday. . . " When I found out 2002 would be the final production year, I figured it was then or never if I wanted to purchase a new model. The only new vehicle in the area was an Aztek Red Collector's Series. I have had red cars in the past, and really didn't want another, but the carbon fiber interior just looked so good. . . No other production Cadillacs had it, which really made it very distinctive. And the moment I started the engine and heard the tuned exhaust, any reservations I had started fading away. It handled great, and had power to spare. After a night of thinking about it, I took the plunge.

All of a sudden, it was fun to wash and wax a car by hand again! During my two years of ownership, the only problem I had was an intermittent trunk lock solenoid. The car was roomy, quiet at cruise, and very luxurious. It does have a bit of a blind spot, so it pays to do a double-look before changing lanes.

There were only 532 of the Aztek Red cars built, and more than a thousand of the Alpine White models. These were the original colors when the Eldo first came out. Each comes with a laser-engraved Collector's Series plate.

I traded ultra-luxury and above-average performance for comfort and ultra-high performance in a CTS-V. If I were independently wealthy, I'd have kept both. There are times I miss cruising around at night in the Eldo with the top open and windows down, listening to the engine rumbling through the dual exhaust. It's truly a great ride and if you're interested in one, I would have no reservations with giving an ethusiastic, positive recommendation. And with Cadillac's famous depreciation rates, they get cheaper every day.

1998Deville
12-14-05, 09:12 PM
Sounds like an awesome car, I'll have to keep an eye out for one. Can you post some photos?

Patrick7997
03-05-06, 11:15 PM
Collector's Eidtions are tough to find.....

Someday.......

CadillacSTS42005
03-06-06, 01:06 PM
i know where theres one for 27k with 40k on the clock nice car just cant afford the 500 a month for payment damn it

SpeedyArizona
03-06-06, 05:42 PM
It's a great car, I love the seats! It's different than any other car out there, I get many compliments on it. It has about 29,000 miles on it, and runs like the day my mother bought it:D.

loribellini@aol.com
09-04-06, 11:49 AM
I have an aztec red collectors series eldorado with only 7200 miles and not a scratch...Just love it....my family wants me to trade it for an escalade...will they make an escalade with a brighter red in the future?

CadillacSTS42005
09-04-06, 12:34 PM
eldorado is d/ced man

Jesda
09-10-06, 11:11 AM
Need pics!!!

HITMONEY
09-15-06, 11:25 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v114/hitmoney/smilies/worthlesswopics.gif

RippyPartsDept
08-09-11, 12:46 AM
Need pics!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v114/hitmoney/smilies/worthlesswopics.gif

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-seville-cadillac-eldorado-forum/236038-2002-eldorado-collector-series.html#post2665739

no longer worthless!