: Trunk Wide Open Car Unlocked - But not by me

CODTSGuy
08-14-13, 02:36 PM
I just got a 2006 DTS and last night my wife tells me my trunk is open. I go out and it is fully open and the car is unlocked. I know I didn't do it, and that is was locked when I left it last. Same thing happened just now. I asked my neighbor if his car door opener might have done it, and the only thing he could think is that his sister is visiting and had a small compact rental the might have done it. It was some sort oc Chevy. His two cars don't have remote opners.

Have any of you had this same sort of problem, or have found that your car can be opened with another non Caddy remote opener?

Submariner409
08-14-13, 02:49 PM
If the battery is weak/questionable that MIGHT cause the problem - a poor battery will pop the trunk and open the fuel door in some models.

If the car has the original battery, that's the first suspect. Past 5 years - batteries are on borrowed time.

hazcaddy
08-14-13, 04:17 PM
Yeah, happened to me - while I was sitting in the car (a rented DTS).

Parked outside Rancho Mirage CA post office, Mrs Haz goes in to mail a parcel, and a lady parks beside me in a Chrysler 300. As she walks away she hits the Lock button on her remote, and my door locks activate. And I couldn't get them open!

Had to wait for the bride to return, give her the key through the window, and she unlocked the car using the regular lock in the door handle. After that the locks worked again on all four doors... :confused:

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-15-13, 12:53 PM
I just got a 2006 DTS and last night my wife tells me my trunk is open. I go out and it is fully open and the car is unlocked. I know I didn't do it, and that is was locked when I left it last. Same thing happened just now. I asked my neighbor if his car door opener might have done it, and the only thing he could think is that his sister is visiting and had a small compact rental the might have done it. It was some sort oc Chevy. His two cars don't have remote opners.

Have any of you had this same sort of problem, or have found that your car can be opened with another non Caddy remote opener?

Hello CODTSGuy,

First off, welcome to the forum! This is such a great way to connect with other Cadillac owners and learn from them while getting great advice. I am sorry your vehicle has a malfunction with the trunk. If you would like to further discuss this concern, please reach out to us via private message or by Email at socialmedia@gm.com.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

MoistCabbage
08-15-13, 01:06 PM
Yeah, happened to me - while I was sitting in the car (a rented DTS).

Parked outside Rancho Mirage CA post office, Mrs Haz goes in to mail a parcel, and a lady parks beside me in a Chrysler 300. As she walks away she hits the Lock button on her remote, and my door locks activate. And I couldn't get them open!

Had to wait for the bride to return, give her the key through the window, and she unlocked the car using the regular lock in the door handle. After that the locks worked again on all four doors... :confused:Couldn't you have just unlocked the door MANUALLY?

hazcaddy
08-15-13, 02:28 PM
Couldn't you have just unlocked the door MANUALLY?

Nope. Wouldn't budge.

MoistCabbage
08-15-13, 10:08 PM
So I assume the actuator was continuously pulling down? Odd.