: 1993 Fleetwood Brougham brake shoe question?

The-Dullahan
08-14-13, 03:04 PM
Okay, bear with me, as I am not presently at home, but I promise to get a photograph when I am (sometime...later today)

Okay, so as some of you will already know, I had purchased the rear end from a '93 FWB for my engine swap project. That, by the grace of God, happened to get set back a bit, as I literally had to rebuild the entire rear presently on my Cadillac. Yay, new rear end, just in time to swap it out anyhow!

Okay, so back to the 1993 FWB's rear. I purchased a set of ACDelco Durastop shoes for it (along with piles of other goodies) but here is the thing. These shoes are considerable wider than the ones that are presently ON the rear end. They could never fit, because they would not line up with the brake cylinders, the hardware or any other part. In fact, I doubt that the drums could even properly fit over them.

Now, there is always the obvious answer that the seller is not as familiar with these parts as he would like to be and though the reference available to me as a buyer indicates that they are compatible, they simply are not, but there is something else I would like to know.

Is there a chance that perhaps these shoes WERE different, depending on year. Perhaps sometime between '94 and '96 they could have changed the actual shoes used? That may indicate why there is a problem (and the seller may have just added the entire assembly of that body style, beginning in '93, to the roster of compatible vehicles)

jayoldschool
08-14-13, 04:05 PM
Yes, rockauto shows 11x2" shoes, as well as 11x2.75". Suspect you got the latter, and you need the former.