Cadillac Owners Forum banner
856 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  nw69cdv 
#1 ·
I just picked up a 69cdv from an old retired couple in our neighborhood, and the heat doesn't work. He said that he thought it was a blown fuse... it wasn't. I found the main vacuum supply line was completely plugged up, so I replaced that. Now I'm at the point of having the fan run at a slow speed at all times the ignition is on, and I can direct the small amount of cold air that comes out to where I want, but that isn't very luxurious, is it? Please give me a clue as to what needs to go where as far as vacuum lines, which one is for the blend door, and why is the fan always running only on low speed even when I tell it to turn off? :banghead:

#2 ·
I dunno about the fan running on low all the time. Mine does that, but since the heat works, it's not such a biggie. If you figure that one out, let me know.

As far as the vacuum lines - there are a bunch in my '70. Under the dash, I even have color-coded vacuum lines like for wiring!
Do you need help with the lines under the dash, or under the hood?
I have a chiltons manual with a diagram of the mess of lines for the climate controll that is under the hood. I can take a pic of that and post it later. As far as under the dash, I dunno. Mine seems to work right, but I can't see where most of the lines go to...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.