: 05 Ext rear screen not working

fortune46x
08-14-13, 09:13 AM
Hello all, Just got a 05 ext , has a switch to bypass the gear selection allowing the front nav screen to be used as the dvd monitor while driving but for reasons beyond me the rear screen is blank. I can pull up the brightness controls and everything just fine , but the dvd will not play on the screen. Everything else is working proper and seeing that I can adjust the screen settings (brightness contrast etc) while the player is playing and see it just fine so I wouldn't think the screen is broken it just wont show the dvd playing in the rear screen. Anyone come across this ? any help you can give me would be very much appreciated. Thanks!!

the cadillac man
08-14-13, 01:13 PM
Hello all, Just got a 05 ext , has a switch to bypass the gear selection allowing the front nav screen to be used as the dvd monitor while driving but for reasons beyond me the rear screen is blank. I can pull up the brightness controls and everything just fine , but the dvd will not play on the screen. Everything else is working proper and seeing that I can adjust the screen settings (brightness contrast etc) while the player is playing and see it just fine so I wouldn't think the screen is broken it just wont show the dvd playing in the rear screen. Anyone come across this ? any help you can give me would be very much appreciated. Thanks!!

Sounds like the rear seat entertainment system is in aux-in mode there is a button on the unit that switches it from the DVD player to the aux-in

fortune46x
08-14-13, 01:49 PM
The Aux mode ? I'm sorry youll have to explain it to me Im pretty new to this system - I saw the black button that's near the external rca inputs tried hitting that but no result. Did I miss something ?

the cadillac man
08-14-13, 06:38 PM
The Aux mode ? I'm sorry youll have to explain it to me Im pretty new to this system - I saw the black button that's near the external rca inputs tried hitting that but no result. Did I miss something ?

The button to switch it from the built in DVD drive to the aux inputs is next to the power button and is labeled srce

The black button near the RCA jacks allows the driver to mute the display and audio from the unit to allow him/her to get the attention of the passengers using the system

bigirb2002
08-15-13, 03:56 AM
um car to explain how ur able to watch dvd on the front screen. i can do that on my 05 . pls share

fortune46x
08-15-13, 09:25 AM
The button to switch it from the built in DVD drive to the aux inputs is next to the power button and is labeled srce

The black button near the RCA jacks allows the driver to mute the display and audio from the unit to allow him/her to get the attention of the passengers using the system

oh, I tried the source button and nothing , is it possible whoever did the switch up front screwed something up and its blocking the video output to the rear?

the cadillac man
08-15-13, 01:42 PM
oh, I tried the source button and nothing , is it possible whoever did the switch up front screwed something up and its blocking the video output to the rear?

Most likely the DVD drive in the unit is messed up as it should work

----------

um car to explain how ur able to watch dvd on the front screen. i can do that on my 05 . pls share

It must be a aftermarket add on

bigirb2002
08-15-13, 09:10 PM
Must be I was getting happy

fortune46x
08-19-13, 11:36 AM
Both in dash and drop screen are stock , not sure how they did it I haven't gotten into the dash yet to see. When its out of the body shop Ill take it out and snap off pictures of how they did it.