: Peacock Cadillac - Houston, Texas

CaseyC
03-20-05, 01:27 PM
About a year and a half ago this dealership installed a new A/C compressor and various related parts in our '86 Fleetwood. Two weeks ago the copressor stopped engaging, and since there was a life-time warranty on the previous work we took it back for repairs. After checking the car, we received the following estimate (for a $98 charge):

The reason the compressor would not kick in was low refrigerant charge. The system has three small leaks: one at the dryer, one at the pressure switch and one at the evaporator core (don't know how they could say that, because the cover was never removed). Bottom line, $700 in parts and $1500 in labor.

I took the car to an independent repair shop for a second opinion. Refrigerant charge is normal. The "leaks" were very minor and in a year and a half since the compressor was changed had only formed a very small wet spot at the fittings. The problem was an "A/C control switch". Parts $212.50 ..... labor $60. No R134 was added and the unit cools as well as before.....I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

Klaus Cook
Houston, Texas

Mark W. Ingalls
01-22-06, 09:45 AM
I, too, had bad experience with this dealership. They seemed like outlaws to me, so I didn't even let them have my keys. Instead I went up the road to

EMONTROND AUTO COUNTRY, INC.
888 I-45 S, CONROE, TX 77304-2628
Phone: (936) 539-3181
Fax: (936) 442-4370