: Anybody used "L. A. Wheel & Tire" chrome wheel exchange?

JGeezer
08-13-13, 05:13 PM
They have an exchange deal on eBay for chromed wheels (which I kinda lust for):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EXCHANGE-SET-OF-4-NEW-CHROME-18-CADILLAC-CTS-V-FACTORY-OEM-WHEELS-RIMS-4583-/290947674395?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Wheels&hash=item43bdd5311b&vxp=mtr#vi-ilComp

Anybody tried them? How fussy are they about minor curb rash on the exchanges?

Thanks!

Andringa
08-13-13, 05:33 PM
I looked into them about 2 years ago and could find nothing but positive reviews. A couple people on the forum reported perfect looking wheels which were problem free for years.

Ultimately I decided to keep my stockers, but they would be my #1 choice if I had to order a Chrome exchange today.

Edit: Just looked at the link, that is a very good price.

rand49er
08-13-13, 06:59 PM
I think that's the place the Corvette guys go to.

Gilbert CTS-V
08-13-13, 09:16 PM
I used them. Great service and the wheels were awesome. I got charged very minimal for one of the wheels I returned due to some curb rash...but it was very minor.

V for victory
08-13-13, 10:34 PM
I used them also about 2 years ago now, chrome is still perfect, wheels arrived in very good condition and balanced with minimum weights. Fast service and great packaging. Call them and make sure they have the V wheels in stock first.

NCOGNITO
08-14-13, 01:19 AM
Glad I ran across this thread, I too have been lusting after chrome wheels and had previously seen that Ebay listing. My stockers are in pretty decent shape with a few scratches, no curb rash and a small ding in one of them, I assume they would give me fair value for them. Might give it a shot.

RyRidesMotoX
08-14-13, 08:55 PM
Man $700+... Is that the going rate for chrome these days? Seems a little pricey but if you gotta have it I understand that for sure.