: seat memory problem . 2014 XTS

winton
08-13-13, 03:11 PM
I picked up a new 2014 XTS yesterday and am having trouble with the seat memory

1. First of all, the manual says to “press and hold BOTH set and #1 at the same time” that obviously is wrong. If I press and release set and then press 1 I get one beep
2. BUT there seems to be some OVERRIDING SETTING . is there a way to delete all seat memory settings and start over???
3. The driving seat memory seems to work BUT DOESN’T auto go there when I start the car???
4. I programmed the “exit” memory but it doesn’t go where I set it. INSTEAD it goes to some crazy setting with the seat way back AND TITLED FORWARD
a. Yes, I have “easy exit” set to “on” on the panel
b. And I’ve tried both keys. Same problem

garrykolb
08-26-13, 03:22 PM
Read the manual again. I had to as well. Move the seat to your position and hit set & 1 simultaneously. It will beep. Move to your exit position. Hit set & exit simultaneously. It will beep. To fully move to a memory position, hold the proper button down until the seat, wheel, etc, are done moving. When the car engages the memory position or exit position, it will move fully.

Also, when opening your door to exit the car, be sure your hand does not hit a button. If you do, it stops the easy exit. That frustrated me until I figured it out.

RockvilleXTS
08-26-13, 06:24 PM
One other thing I've found. If you put the car in Park, you can hit the seat button(s) once, and they go to their full set positions. If you are in Drive, you have to hold the button down continuously for the seats/steering wheel to move fully to their preset position. At least, this is how it works on my car. Also, as garrykolb mentions, be careful NOT to hit the seat buttons when you open the door. That stops the movement and prevents achieving the full preset position.

ipncjh1
07-26-14, 10:49 AM
Does anyone think it is odd that "To fully move to a memory position, hold the proper button down until the seat, wheel, etc, are done moving.". I have had dozens of GM cars with memory recall and you only push the button once, not have to hold it down.

gator2305
07-26-14, 12:58 PM
The DTS that I traded for the XTS and other GM vehicles with the memory seat option I have owned all would have the seats and mirrors set to the driver position preset to the remote fob if the remote was used to unlock the vehicle on approaching.

I was surprised when I got the XTS and found the memory seats did not function like in the DTS. I discussed this with the Service personnel and they advised they had heard women had complained and changes were made. They advised most women regardless of size and stature drive with the seat as far forward as it will go. This creates problems in getting in and out of the vehicle.

r34220
07-26-14, 11:55 PM
Does anyone think it is odd that "To fully move to a memory position, hold the proper button down until the seat, wheel, etc, are done moving.". I have had dozens of GM cars with memory recall and you only push the button once, not have to hold it down.

I have a 2013, If in park it works with a single press. If in drive it has to be held down to fully move.

Tanker
08-27-14, 08:35 PM
I've attempted many times to push both Set and 1 at the same time and hold them both for 15-20 seconds but no beep. Is there something else that needs to be done? I've attempted it in Park, in Neutral, in Drive, door open, door closed, engine running, engine off, etc. but no luck.
__________________________________________________ _______________

Good evening, Your CF account is registered. Please use the Profile tab to update your profile to show correct information and time zone - or do you really live in London - GMT ?

Set your preferences, press 1, beep, then press Set. Same for the other - #2.

sonny3621
08-27-14, 08:58 PM
Contrary to what was posted earlier you don't push them at the same time. Push Set first, release, and the immediately push either 1 or 2 and you will hear the beep.

330GT
08-28-14, 02:09 PM
Contrary to what was posted earlier you don't push them at the same time. Push Set first, release, and the immediately push either 1 or 2 and you will hear the beep.

I guess everyone has his own version of the procedure because in the O/M for my 2014 XTS, page 3-7, Storing Memory Positions, # 2 states: Press and hold SET and "1" at the same time until a beep sounds. It does work as intended now on my XTS because the seat memory module was replaced when the car had some 70 miles on the clock.
By-the-way this was the same procedure for my 2013 XTS.
Is the O/M wrong? Was this updated for the 13 and 14 O/M?

sonny3621
08-28-14, 02:15 PM
Mine only beeps when you push the Set, release it and then push 1 or 2. If I push Set and 1 or 2 at the same time it won't beep.