: Do '06 - '11 DTS Models have True Bose "Centerpoint" Sound?

Puckhead
08-13-13, 01:58 PM
Hello, fellow forum members!

I hope summer's been treating everyone well!! :thumbsup:

That being said, I have a "curious" question, regarding '06 - '11 DTS models equipped with the Bose Navigation premium sound system. For those that have this option, you're aware of the "surround" setting in the audio menu. So, my question is this ... is this the sameas Bose Centerpoint technology, which is present in other all other late-model Cadillac models? Are we just dealing with a terminology/marketing issue??

Also, I noticed '11 DTS models have slightly different badging on the head units (namely, the DTS and Dolby symbols emphasize "digital surround"). As such, did the '11 DTS model receive an upgrade to the Bose navigation system? I find that quite unusual, given it was the car's last production year!

Finally, does anyone know what the wattage output is for the Bose navigation systems?? :hmm:

I hope some of you might be able to chime in and satisfy my curiosity (as you folks alwaysdo)!

With much appreciation, and have a wonderful day!! :2thumbs:

StuJac
08-14-13, 08:38 AM
No, not at all. First of all, the Bose system sucks, as do virtually all Bose systems (imho). It's optimized for surround sound and for 5.1 (DVD-Audio) and, as far as I can tell or have ever heard there is no "Centerpoint Technology" and if they do, it doesn't work.