: Little Red Cross on rear view mirror. What happens if I push it

CODTSGuy
08-13-13, 12:14 AM
I don't have onstar activated, but was wondering what would happen if I pushed that red cross button the the rear view mirror. Will it call someone?

MoistCabbage
08-13-13, 12:25 AM
No, you'll get a pre recorded message telling you to call OnStar.

Superjim
08-13-13, 12:29 AM
I "DO" have OnStsr activated.... What would happen if I pushed the Red Cross ???

Faith76
08-13-13, 12:50 AM
I'm assuming it will call Onstar. Push it, then run away real fast in case it's a self destruct button.

MoistCabbage
08-13-13, 12:53 AM
You get a "priority connection" to an advisor trained to assist you in emergency situations.

The self destruct button is a rare option. Check for RPO code TNT.

:hide:

hazcaddy
08-13-13, 08:57 AM
It's for reporting emergencies. If it is your emergency, they will let you talk to the 9-1-1 calltaker. If you report an outside-the-car emergencies, they won't.

I saw someone go backwwards off the road at an expressway interchange (401WB & 427SB) and the reeds close up behind them, went to report it and asked to speak to a police dispatcher so I could tell them EXACTLY on what bend the incident was (which a local would know, someone in Michigan wouldn't), but they refused to put me through.

MoistCabbage
08-13-13, 04:57 PM
...9-1-1

hazcaddy
08-13-13, 06:24 PM
...9-1-1

That was of course my next step. Pushing the red button is a lot quicker though, here where handheld devices are not allowed (plus I don't carry a cellphone). However my point is that OnStar advisors shouldn't be refusing to put you through - the chance of a game of Broken Telephone gets bigger.