: Drilled and slotted rotors?

ErnieE
03-19-05, 01:11 PM
I searched back in the forum and found some info on these rotors. For you guys that tried out the drilled and slotted rotors you got off of EBay did they work out ok for you ?

omermurat
03-20-05, 12:31 AM
A friend of mine who owns a 97 Catera got a set and it works and looks great. I just ordered a set for mine but haven't received them yet.

Leloz
03-20-05, 10:23 AM
If you are going for looks over performance, then they are a good buy. I used to be an avid AutoXer and from my experience, there is nothing like a solid face Brembo rotor for performance.

Theo
03-22-05, 11:56 PM
I got the drilled rotors for over 4 months now, on my 1998 Catera with no problems; after some research I decided not to buy the slotted, they will cut through the pads (shaving the surface), which means less life for your brake pads. anyways , the rotors look sweeter But performance wise, I didn't find any difference! it was time for me to change the rotors, and having the drilled rotors off eBay was also cheaper than the dealer.

Kev
03-23-05, 12:06 AM
As far as performance with drilled, slotted or both rotors you aren't going to see any marked difference unless you are continuously driving sustained speeds up in the tripple digits. In fact, as Leloz mentioned, you can get as good or better performance for the type of driving that you are likely doing with either stock rotors and premium pads or aftermarket solid rotors and pads.

Yeah, they look tite. Don't fool yourselves, thinking you are getting these bad boys for the performance. You're getting these for the look and that's OK. Nothing wrong with that.

omermurat
03-29-05, 11:22 AM
I finally got the 4 drilled rotors from e-bay ($170 including shipping) and pads from Tirerack.com (Green Stuff for front & Hawk for rear for around $120). After driving several days with them I can easily state that there is a huge difference. The initial bite is much better and the pedal feel is much greater, plus they look awesome. Of course most (if not all) of the improvement comes from the pad material but let's face it, having drilled rotors is cool :-)
Another set is up for grasps at ebay, just search for this number: 7964747911