: Considered a '97, and bought it anyway.

vegaspro
03-18-05, 10:09 PM
I read the warnings before the purchase. I was going out of lease on my Copper Sunburst '03 CTS, and decided to get off the new car treadmill for at least one cycle.

In researching, I came to the conclusion that the most cars for the money in used cars were the XJ8 and the Catera with $10k seperating the two. Although the XJ8's were $50k off new and the Catera only $25k, the Catera presented better day to day drivability and reasonableness.

I found a car in as new condition with 25k miles. It was absolutely loaded. There is no other car in America that can cruise at 120, has full leather, heated memory seats, climate control, rudementary traction control, etc. etc. for less than $8000.00 in excellent condition.

After two weeks and 1500 miles, I am as pleased as can be. In many ways, I find the Catera a better and more user-friendly car than the CTS (although I did love the CTS). Definitely missing, however, is the "oooh" factor in appearance and useable cup holders.

For my 2 cents, I found the best kept secret in America. Despite the naysaying in the other threads, there must be others that agree with me?

notorious_299
03-21-05, 09:40 AM
I love the attributes and luxury that the catera offers, but I have been driving mine for 3 days now and it is already unusable. I think it is like most cars on the market today... its just the luck of the draw. Some cars will last, others will give you trouble on a monthly basis. I'm glad to hear that you are really enjoying your car. I know Mine was a blast for the few moments I had with her lol
If you have any suggestions to the problem I'm having, I would love to hear it...
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34899