: Right rear window power motor?

ErnieE
03-18-05, 02:23 PM
On my 97 Catera the right rear window will not go up and down by itself. I can hear the motor running but it sounds like the cable is loose. I dont have the car here with me right now so I was hoping someone could help me out and tell me the best way to remove it from the door. I know how to take off the door panel but if I remember right after looking at it briefly I think it is pop riveted into the door. Is this correct?? or does it unbolt? I remember I could barely get my hands in there and just gave up for the time being. Also do you think I could just repair this? I really have no idea but Im pretty handy.

Thanks for any help!!
E

Vesicant
03-18-05, 07:39 PM
There are some plastic screws on the side of the pannel... and i think on the bottom as well. Should pop off when these are removed. Be careful though, and you can work it out.

ErnieE
03-19-05, 12:19 PM
Hi Jeffery,

Thanks for your input. Do you or anyone else know if one from a 98 would fit the 97's also? I assume they will but just want to check with you guys first.

Thanks
E

stevehogan
03-19-05, 01:23 PM
The rear window motor and regulator is the same for 97 throuigh 01

ErnieE
03-19-05, 02:16 PM
Thanks Steve, well I got the old one out. There were about five rivets holding it on. It looks like the plastic piece that slides up and down the rail broke and then all hell broke loose. The cables are all twisted up but the motor still seems to work ok. Although I dont think you can buy these separate. If anyone see's one for sale please post here and let me know.

Thanks
E

stevehogan
03-19-05, 03:32 PM
You are right, you can't buy the parts seperately. If you want to search one up, the GM part numbers are 90494400 for the Right (Passenger Side) and 90494399 for the left (Driver side). List price is about $500 (!!!!) I have seen them occassionaly on eBay. You might want to jam the window in the upo position and wait 'til you find one cheap :)

ErnieE
03-19-05, 03:36 PM
Steve thanks, I think I will call around the junk yards and see if I can find something and keep my eye on EBay. I did find one place on the internet that can order one and ship it to me for a little under $200. Remanufactured

ErnieE
03-24-05, 07:11 PM
Can anyone tell me it the front right and rear window motor and Regulators are the same? I assume they are but want to make sure.

Thanks !!

stevehogan
03-24-05, 07:15 PM
No, that would be too easy.;)

The front and rear have different part numbers. Sorry.

ErnieE
03-24-05, 09:34 PM
Steve the one I took out of my car is # 90494400 right rear door. If I look this up on Gmpartsdirect is says (Front right door) :banghead: you think they have it screwed up??

ErnieE
03-24-05, 09:42 PM
Their site is wierd. If you look the part number up from the home page is says front right door but if you look in the catalog it says right rear door. I guess you have to be really careful if you order from that site.

stevehogan
03-24-05, 10:59 PM
My documentation says:

Front Left = 90494395
Front Left = 90494396
Rear Left = 90494399
Rear Right = 90494400

I'm using the parts document that the car rebuilders would use. I have not verified this against the gmpartsdirect.com site but I have found this document to be 100% accurate ---- so far :suspense: Seriously, I would verify this with the folks at gmpartsdirect.com. Send them an email. I have found them to be VERY responsive. If nothing else, you will lay the groundwork for a full price refund without a restocking charge if the part numbers are mixed up ;)