: Remote Keyless Entry Transmitters

maplenut
08-11-13, 08:34 PM
A strange problem?
Following my 09 DTS owners manual/ page 3-70 under Relearn Remote Key/ I matched remote key #1. It worked just fine!. I then matched remote
key #2 as per the manual. It worked just fine. I now find that transmitter #1 was now inoperaterable? I relearned transmitter # 1 and it worked fine. YOU guessed it, transmitter #2 was now inoperable?
I am at a loss to explain this, one will work and the other will not or vice versa?
Has any one ever had this problem, can explain how to fix it?
Thanks for any help.

maplenut

BIGDADDYCADDY07
08-11-13, 08:47 PM
you have to program them at the same time have both remotes with you.when programing them its time sensitive do not exit the relearn program until the are both matched

maplenut
08-11-13, 09:40 PM
BIGDADDY:re Remote Transmitters.
Thank you for your quick reply. I really appreciate your help. Both transmitters are now working.
I guess you have to be smarter than the thing you are trying to operate.

Thanks again,
maplenut

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-12-13, 11:21 AM
A strange problem?
Following my 09 DTS owners manual/ page 3-70 under Relearn Remote Key/ I matched remote key #1. It worked just fine!. I then matched remote
key #2 as per the manual. It worked just fine. I now find that transmitter #1 was now inoperaterable? I relearned transmitter # 1 and it worked fine. YOU guessed it, transmitter #2 was now inoperable?
I am at a loss to explain this, one will work and the other will not or vice versa?
Has any one ever had this problem, can explain how to fix it?
Thanks for any help.

maplenut

Hello maplenut,

I apologize for the remote key programming issues you experienced. I see another forum member was able to help answer your concern. Glad both transmitters are now working for you. If additional concerns or questions arise, don't hesitate to reach out to us via private message or by Email at socialmedia@gm.com. We are here to assist!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

BIGDADDYCADDY07
08-13-13, 11:12 PM
no problem glad to help sometimes the manual can be confusing enjoy your ride....