: Toyota expected to solidify hold on No. 2 automaker spot

HotRodSaint
03-18-05, 12:51 PM
When General Motors Corp. warned this week that it will lose money in the first quarter of 2004, the No. 1 automaker cited reasons including disappointing sales in North America.

Another explanation, one not mentioned publicly: Japan's Toyota Motor Corp., a company on a roll, is helping to steal away GM's market share. (http://www.detnews.com/2005/autosinsider/0503/18/01-120604.htm)

Roswell256
03-18-05, 01:18 PM
I have to admit though... I kinda helped toyota out. I've just purchased a 2003 Camry XLE. I still have my cadillac and LOVE GM... but I can't afford any of their newer reliable cars. so I got a camry.

I feel bad now.

davesdeville
03-19-05, 04:21 PM
I don't forsee them getting the #1 spot soon if ever. 9.1 vs 7.5 million units sold.

I have to agree with Fumio Otsuka "It's not about looking cool. The Toyota car appeals to the regular person."

majax
03-20-05, 03:15 AM
so I got a camry.

I feel bad now.

you make me sick:want: ;)

I would personaly choose a Honda over a Toyota but...

Toyota makes a great car and their new Avalon is classy. The materials are par if not above and they are mostly reliable. Whats not to like? I am glad to see Chevy do better though, I would buy a Cobalt over Civic or Corrolla.