: which caddy???

gjt536
03-18-05, 08:53 AM
well im currently the owner of a 99 deville that i am totally in love with. this is the most enjoyable car ive ever had. ive had it for 3 years and yes this was my first caddy.
im going to be going though a divorce, not a bad thing. but i will "provide" her with that car.
so what im wondering is what cad do i want to go to next?
i like 4 doors but i would like something just a little more sporty, i really love the quiet and lux ride of the deville, and of course the power is a must.
so your opinions woud be appreciated.
i have been tooying with the idea of a jag x type, but i really dont think it is worth the extra money plus i have read that the upkeep is horrendous on them.
thanks.
g

caddydaddy
03-18-05, 09:58 AM
What about an STS? Either the previous generations 98'-'03 or the new STS V-8 with 320 HP?

gjt536
03-18-05, 10:17 AM
that sounds good.
tell me about it, what you like about it.
i am looking to buy used, prolly 2000-02.
thanks for the response.
g

caddydaddy
03-18-05, 10:27 AM
Well, the STS is a bit smaller than the Deville, rides a bit firmer, but not harsh. I love my car because it looks awesome, handles great, has a 300 HP V8, and is loaded with all the luxury items you expect in a Cadillac. Mine has traction control, stability control, heated power memory seats, sunroof, the awesome 425 watt Bose 4.0 stereo, real wood throughout the car, and the list goes on!
The 2000-2002 cars you can buy great low mileage ones for anywhere from $14-$22k. The STS's don't hold thier value the greatest, but that's to your advantage! You can get a great car at a much cheaper than new car price! Those price ranges are what a new Taurus costs!
Find one and take it for a test drive, I'm sure you'll love it!

gjt536
03-18-05, 10:32 AM
caddydaddy,
great reply and thanks.
g

Jesda
03-18-05, 12:06 PM
The X-type is a nice car, but the problem isn't maintenance as much as it is value (or lack thereof). For the price, you get very little, and options can make the sticker pretty stratospheric.

I second CaddyDaddy's comments.