: Front Parking Lamp

Guy.Seminerio
08-11-13, 06:23 PM
One of the front parking lamps went out. (The little dot in the headlamp assembly.) Has anyone replaced these with LEDs? If so where did you get them and what size/type?

Last, any advice on taking out the old one and installing the new?

Thanks.

todrules
08-11-13, 10:46 PM
You have to remove the headlight assembly, meaning bumper cover has to be dropped. It doesn't have to totally come off, but it does have to be dropped. I just changed mine to I believe 194 LED's. I had the bumper cover off installing timc heat exchanger. One of mine was burnt out since I bought the car. I did have an issue one of the tiny little tabs broke off. I just epoxied it together, if they burn out from now on it's on oh well I guess.

----------

Ok I checked the old bulb and no number on it, The LED's I have aren't labeled either. Either way it's the same bulb as the interior lights. It looks like a 194.

Guy.Seminerio
08-11-13, 10:52 PM
Thanks

2007blackbty
08-11-13, 10:59 PM
There's a door on side of headlight housing grey in color with 1 screw.take that off pull out the hid ballast and reach in and replace bulb.194 sounds right for part number.be carfull putting that door back on it has a gasket.screw that up and you'll get water in housing.which I did and fried my ballast.but it took my buddy 5 minutes.very easy

todrules
08-11-13, 11:03 PM
Yes definitely make sure you get the gasket seated right for the ballast or that could be an expensive mistake.

Guy.Seminerio
08-11-13, 11:10 PM
So still bumper removal required?

todrules
08-11-13, 11:15 PM
That's the only way to get the headlight housing accessible. You don't have to totally remove it, you can leave the headlight washers connected and drop it down a tad to access 3 bolts or nuts for the headlight assembly. Believe it or not our cars bumper cover is pretty easy to take off. There are 2 10mm bolts accessed through the fender liner and a ton of plastic push rivets.

Guy.Seminerio
08-11-13, 11:32 PM
I know exactly what you're talking about. Thanks again.

2007blackbty
08-11-13, 11:41 PM
To replace ballast at dealer gotta buy whole housing for 1, 000.I bought use ballast off ebay for $70.hopfully it last

----------

Just go threw side door and be done in 5 minutes .no bumper removal

theotherguyssn
08-12-13, 12:30 PM
i pulled the headlights off the vehicle and have replaced the riding lights in the bottom corner of headlights with leds they barley fit just b/c they are a little thicker but i got them in and look great i got led fog light bulbs off this site as well did them while i had bumper off http://store.ijdmtoy.com/ little expensive but have had a couple people recomend this site and haven't had any problems with bulbs and they look awesome in the car

Guy.Seminerio
08-12-13, 01:38 PM
Thanks

CMNTMXR57
08-12-13, 02:01 PM
I removed the bumper cover.