: Xts suspension

carguy69
08-11-13, 01:55 PM
Last September I leased a 2013 xts with the premium trim and 19 inch wheels. The first few thousand miles was great. The car was very quiet and comfortable riding. Now my xts with only 10.000 gentle miles on her has a harsh and noisy ride. I have complained to my dealer and they replaced the rear struts but the ride is still harsh and lots of tire noise. I told them its most likely the Cheap good years they have on this car because once try broke in they became harsh and noisy riding

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-11-13, 04:15 PM
Last September I leased a 2013 xts with the premium trim and 19 inch wheels. The first few thousand miles was great. The car was very quiet and comfortable riding. Now my xts with only 10.000 gentle miles on her has a harsh and noisy ride. I have complained to my dealer and they replaced the rear struts but the ride is still harsh and lots of tire noise. I told them its most likely the Cheap good years they have on this car because once try broke in they became harsh and noisy riding
Hello carguy69,

I apologize that the ride you are experiencing in your XTS is rough. Could you private message me some information so I can look into this concern for you? I would need your name, contact info, VIN, and dealership you have been working with. If you are not able to private message me, you can also reach out to me via email at socialmedia@gm.com. When you send your email, please be sure to include “ATTN GREG” in the subject line so that it gets delivered straight to me. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

pkadanec
08-12-13, 11:42 AM
Hate to say it but it is the tires that Cadillac chose to put on the vehicles. You think the tires are noisy on the 19" rims, you are lucky that you did not get the 20's. I had to have my tires replaced with Michelin Pilot's. They have a superb ride.

Johnfran
08-12-13, 04:04 PM

Just had my 2013 XTS Premium with 8400 miles at the dealer with the same problem. Both rear struts are leaking and will be replaced. Also at 5500 miles both rear brakes were replaced because of noise when backing up.

kipsts
08-12-13, 05:11 PM
Hate to say it but it is the tires that Cadillac chose to put on the vehicles. You think the tires are noisy on the 19" rims, you are lucky that you did not get the 20's. I had to have my tires replaced with Michelin Pilot's. They have a superb ride. I have the OEM Bridgestone Potenza's on my Platinum (20") and they are not noisy at all and handle superbly. :cool:

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-12-13, 06:36 PM
Hello pkadanec,

I apologize that you had to replace your tires on your 20” rims. I will be sure to document this and pass along the feedback regarding the tires. I am happy to hear that you are now experiencing a superb ride now!

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

Hello Johnfran,

I am sorry to hear that you have experienced the same issue with your XTS. I’m glad that the dealership was able to find and address the concern. Please keep us updated after you receive the vehicle back to make sure you are satisfied with the repair. Thank you very much for taking the time to post your experience.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

CDN XTS
08-12-13, 08:24 PM
As to tire noise, don't forget the road surface. In my last two days drive from the Toronto area to my one-night stay in North Platte, NB. I went over many different type of road surface. Some, mainly asphalt type, with no noise to speak of to some, while nice looking, created a very high pitch noise really hurting my ears, that I was considering leaving I-80 for some other roads. Stopping at one of the many IOWA rest places (most with free Wi-F) i one could hear the terrible high pitch noise from all the cars passing. Luckily after that stop some 5 more miles the surface changed again. But it was 30 miles of hell. Hope that type of surface will no longer be created in future. LOL.,

kipsts
08-12-13, 08:28 PM
As to tire noise, don't forget the road surface. In my last two days drive from the Toronto area to my one-night stay in North Platte, NB. I went over many different type of road surface. Some, mainly asphalt type, with no noise to speak of to some, while nice looking, created a very high pitch noise really hurting my ears, that I was considering leaving I-80 for some other roads. Stopping at one of the many IOWA rest places (most with free Wi-F) i one could hear the terrible high pitch noise from all the cars passing. Luckily after that stop some 5 more miles the surface changed again. But it was 30 miles of hell. Hope that type of surface will no longer be created in future. LOL., Which tires are on your XTS?

CDN XTS
08-13-13, 10:31 PM
The standard Bridgestone which come on the Platinum with the 20 inch rims. Wow, looks I was drunk when posting the above. Too many typos. And all I had was a milkshake at a Burger King which offered free WiFi. LOL.

kipsts
08-13-13, 10:41 PM
The standard Bridgestone which come on the Platinum with the 20 inch rims. Wow, looks I was drunk when posting the above. Too many typos. And all I had was a milkshake at a Burger King which offered free WiFi. LOL. What pressure do you typically run them at?

CDN XTS
08-17-13, 04:05 PM
What pressure do you typically run them at?Typically 35 psi and given the temp difference in our area between summer and winter have to re-set them from time to time as the air temp can quite easily make a difference of 4 psi while tires cold. I made sure that they were at 35 PSI (cold - i.e. after parking car all night in my garage) in the morning (air temp around 23 C) before leaving home per the instruction on the door. Off course they were sometimes up to 39 while driving and when arriving in Las Vegas after driving all day for 545.7 miles even up to 40/41 PSI in the 109 F heat upon my arrival. Have not checked them after parking the car in the hotel garage over night, but will do so. Given the heat difference between Oakville and Las Vegas I expect them to be above 35 psi and will need to make adjustments while in this area. Hope you have fun in California and see you next Monday.

joesboat
08-25-13, 06:33 AM
Just had my 2013 XTS Premium with 8400 miles at the dealer with the same problem. Both rear struts are leaking and will be replaced. Also at 5500 miles both rear brakes were replaced because of noise when backing up.

Could I visibly see a leak just so I can regularly check or is it enclosed in tons of plastic shrouding? I'm going to run outside now and check anyhow. Whatever. Haha

Johnfran
08-26-13, 10:07 PM

Rear struts were replaced on 8/26/13. Hope this improves the ride and noise problem. Going on a trip so let you know when I return.

nstar
08-26-13, 11:12 PM
Are they saying struts are causing the road noise on different road surfaces??:cookoo:

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-27-13, 09:32 AM
Rear struts were replaced on 8/26/13. Hope this improves the ride and noise problem. Going on a trip so let you know when I return.

Hi Johnfran,

I see your rear struts on your XTS were replaced and that you are going on a trip. Have a safe and fun trip and please keep us posted after you have driven your vehicle and were able to test out the replacement.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

Sabelle
04-18-14, 03:15 PM
I have a 2103 XTS Platinum with 6800 miles on it. The suspension is very responsive, but extremely harsh when compared to my previous DTS. Road noise is very high by comparrison, and you not only hear road joints, but feel them. Potholes are very jaring. My car is in for recall service so I was provided a loner XTS, probably the base model. To my surprise, the ride is much more comfortable and quiet. Why, or what is making the difference and can the Platinum ride be computer adjusted to be less jaring?

Michael

----------

I took my 2013 XTS Platinum in for the brake recall and was given a loner XTS, probably a base model. My XTS, although handling very well has a very harsh ride and things like road seams are noisy and you feel them. The loner seems to have a much softer ride and is actually much more quiet on the road. What is making such a huge difference in the ride, and can my XTS be adjusted to the more civilized ride?

slightlyserious
04-19-14, 07:45 AM
It could be the size of the tires. You probably have 20" on your platinum. The base more likely has the 19". I think 19" tires are a better choice for drivers who want a more traditional Cadillac ride. Although even with the 19"
your not going to have a smooth ride like the DTS or an older de Ville.

JoeGrapes
04-19-14, 09:18 PM
I found the stock 19" tires to be loud when driving on most of the roads I regularly drive on. Depending on the type of road the noise volume changes but is never really as quiet as I think the car should be. When I change the tires I plan on going to a different tire. But I need a tire good in the winter so my options might be limited.

slightlyserious
04-20-14, 09:48 AM
I would stick with 19"'s but choosing a different tire should make a difference. The thing is finding someone who really knows tires.

Lizbill
04-20-14, 03:42 PM
I would stick with 19"'s but choosing a different tire should make a difference. The thing is finding someone who really knows tires.

Try Tire Rack. They test all tires on all kinds of vehicles and Customer Service is good. Give them a call.

Vette 2K1
05-10-14, 11:15 PM
I agree with Sabelle. The ride on the base XTS loaners that I get is better than the ride on my Platinum. I really like the looks of my car but after six months of a barely tolerable ride I doubt I will ever buy another Cadillac.

slightlyserious
05-11-14, 07:35 AM
What do you think you would look at Vette?

Vette 2K1
05-11-14, 09:19 PM
I don't really know. In Cadillac's defense though, I went to the dealer yesterday and they re-balanced all four wheels and there was noticeable improvement in the ride. They showed me that the weights were off on two of the wheels by a bit. It has made a difference so far. I guess I will have to give the car another chance.

MoistCabbage
05-11-14, 09:22 PM
Wheel balance has absolutely no effect on ride quality. If the wheels weren't balanced correctly, the steering wheel, and/or whole car would have been shaking.

Vette 2K1
05-12-14, 05:34 PM
Moist:
I don"t want to argue with you, but those sure sound like ride quality issues to me.

bigcaddyfan
05-12-14, 06:14 PM
Tire Rack suggests Pirelli P7 All Season for best ride quality.
Has anyone tried these? And does anyone near Denver want a set of Goodyear Eagle RSA-2 (245/45/R19) with less than 3000 miles on them?

Ardent
05-18-14, 10:18 PM
Does anyone have any pictures of what or how the rear struts are leaking?

bigcaddyfan
05-19-14, 02:36 PM
I just bought the 2013 Premium with under 3000miles, and the Goodyear Eagles. After 100 miles, they are too noisy for me. Tire rack suggests Pirelli P7 which I would buy through the Cadillac dealer, but he won't give me anything on the Eagles! At least the dealer admits they are worthless!
But I wish I could get a discount for trade in!
Laura or Gregory, are you listening?

sonny3621
05-19-14, 03:46 PM
I'd also like to swap out my OEM Goodyears for either the Pirelli's or the Michelin Primacy's but my dealer just today also told me that I'm on my own with the Goodyears which have 16,000 miles on them now. I hate to just have to toss them and take the loss but yes they are a crappy tire and I'm not happy about it.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-19-14, 09:26 PM
I just bought the 2013 Premium with under 3000miles, and the Goodyear Eagles. After 100 miles, they are too noisy for me. Tire rack suggests Pirelli P7 which I would buy through the Cadillac dealer, but he won't give me anything on the Eagles! At least the dealer admits they are worthless!
But I wish I could get a discount for trade in!
Laura or Gregory, are you listening?

Hi bigcaddyfan,

Although I cannot promise anything, I would be happy to contact the dealership on your behalf to discuss your request. If you could please PM me with any additional details as well as your VIN, dealership, and contact information, I would be able to get started.

Have a great night,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

sonny3621
05-19-14, 09:46 PM
Austin - I'll also be PM'ing you with the information you requested. Thanks.

bigcaddyfan
05-20-14, 12:19 PM
Hi Austin,
I have just PM'ed you with details - hope you can help.
Regards,
bigcaddyfan

bigcaddyfan
05-22-14, 05:54 PM
Quote Originally Posted by bigcaddyfan

'Hi Austin,
Yes I did get a message from McCaddons, it went something like this,
"We are a really great dealership, and can sell you a set of new tires for $10 above invoice, plus $40 each for mounting and balancing. If there is anything else we can help you with, give us a call"'
Almost word for word what I was told when I bought the car 2 weeks ago! No improvement, and no comment on my "old" ( 3,000mile ) tires.
So, I appreciate your effort but it seems Cadillac is determined to alienate its customers, especially those of us foolish enough to be return customers (a.k.a. slow learners).
Regards,
Bigcaddyfan '

Then back from Austin,

'Hi Bigcaddyfan,
I deeply apologize that the dealership was not able to provide the resolution you had hoped. If you require assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.'

So basically it seems "If there is anything else we can help you with, give us a call." and "If you require assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me." is all one can hope for, and maybe the Customer Service responses we get here are just PR to give the impression that they care? Has anyone had better success with anything here, especially with regards to these tires?

sonny3621
05-22-14, 05:58 PM
I'm still waiting to hear from someone at my dealership but I fear I'll get the same type of response unfortunately.

sonny3621
05-23-14, 03:42 PM
Now my dealership has also just said that I'm on my own with tires and any new ones would be a total out of pocket expense for me and they're not interested in my Goodyears. Well there goes time from my life I'll never get back that I spent looking into this issue with "Customer Service". But that's ok - I'll buy my own tires and just file this in the back of my mind for when it comes time for my next car purchase.

sonny3621
05-23-14, 07:15 PM
Ok so here's how the whole thing played out - The "Customer Service Representative" here on the forum, "Austin J", said he reached out to the "Customer Experience Representative" at my dealership, of which I didn't even know they had one, and which as it turns out they don't really, as now I'm convinced they only exist in theory. But anyway "Austin J" said that the guy would be calling me to "discuss my tires". Oh ok good. Maybe some progress will be made. I never received any such call. So I then PM'd "Austin J" about it and "Laura M" responded and said that she again spoke with the dealership "Customer Experience Representative" who evidentally told her to tell me that if I wanted new tires I would have to pay for them out of my own pocket. End of "discussion" on the tires. So the dealership "Customer Experience Representative" never even wanted to personally call me, as per the original game plan, to tell me that. Instead he had the forum "Customer Service Representative" deliver me the good news. That's hilarious. "Austin J" or "Laura M" if I said anything that was inaccurate feel free to correct me here on the public forum. I can only wonder if the "Customer Service" experience anywhere else is any different.

5.0 lsc
05-23-14, 09:44 PM
They are phasing out the primacys for the premeirs. Also...i dont think cadillac or the dealership is responsible for upgrading a customers tires on a vehicle that they purchased after a test drive (and looking at was on the car) willingly for tires that are almost twice the price as what is on the car. I think the deal that they offered you is pretty fair. Dealerships can not use used tires even if they have 3000 miles on them anyway. The bridgestone potenzas on my car suck, but i dont feel entitled to a new set of michelins or pirellis at no cost to me .

sonny3621
05-23-14, 10:09 PM
And I agree that the dealer is not responsible for upgrading tires nor (and I can only speak for myself as I think your post was intened for bigcaddyfan) do I feel entitled to 4 free new tires. I would, however, have liked to at least discussed my tire concerns with the alleged "Customer Experience Representative" and perhaps come to some sort of agreement and compromise on the purchase of 4 tires of my choice. Instead I got no promised response from them at all. Only a passed on message from the "Customer Service Representative" here. And quite frankly IMO that stinks. With all the negative press that GM has gotten you would think the dealer would go the extra step to preserve it's customers but the fact is the dealers don't care about all the recalls simply because it's more money for them doing the recall work and more money for the parts suppliers. They love recalls. It's all about dollars and cents. The dealer doesn't give a rat's butt if I like the cheap Goodyears or not and they showed it by not even contacting me to talk about it. But like I said prior - that's fine cos I have a long memory.

bigcaddyfan
05-23-14, 11:57 PM
I agree with your every word, sonny3621.
I never asked for a free set of tires, only a little help with the replacements. They would not cut me a deal - that is, their first and last offer was just their full new tire cost, plus $10. Plus mounting and balancing. No good-will gesture of any sort given. No good will received! At present there are 3 sets of "as new" 245/45R19 Eagles for sale on local Craigslist alone, so I guess my chances of getting anyone to take mine are pretty slim. I mentioned the harsh ride during my test drive, I'm thinking I should have made the sale contingent upon help with replacing the 2700 mile clunkers. Rather than hear later "if you want it to ride like Cadillac, it will cost you extra"! Won't help me negotiate next time - because there won't be a next time!
Makes you think that "Laura M" and "Austin J" and the rest of the "Customer Experience Representatives" are computer generated reflexes designed to just get any complaints moved to PM's and away from public forums.

sonny3621
05-24-14, 12:05 AM
We're on the same page with this. What have you decided to replace them with?

bigcaddyfan
05-24-14, 04:38 PM
We're on the same page with this. What have you decided to replace them with?
I'm going with the Pirelli P7 All weather plus. About $202 best price so far.

sonny3621
05-25-14, 08:18 AM
They've gotten great reviews at Tire Rack and are $212 there. Who has them for cheaper?

bigcaddyfan
05-26-14, 02:01 PM
They've gotten great reviews at Tire Rack and are $212 there. Who has them for cheaper?
They are $202 on TreadDepot.com.
However, I think by the time you add in mount and balance and road hazard, its hardly worth it. (My dealership will sell at $10 over cost plus $40 mt and bal.). Tire Rack is reliable, but I might even wait to see if there is a good coupon in a month or so, and get them through a local Big-O or equivalent. I just hate to have to give away the Eagles, but the P7 All-Season Plus seem to be the way to go!

sonny3621
05-27-14, 07:47 AM
Tread Depot has a $60 off mail in rebate now going on for 4 Pirelli's bringing the cost down to $187 each plus you get entered into a sweepstakes for a free trip to Venice. Tire Rack has the same coupon too.

bigcaddyfan
05-27-14, 04:10 PM
Hi anyone,
I advertised my Eagles on craigslist and got this reply,
"Thanks for the response, just to let you know that am okay with the
condition and price of the item . I am ready to make instant purchase.
My mode of payment would be in Certified Bank Check via USPS or FedEx
1/2days delivery.
I'll arrange for a local pick up as soon as you get the check
cashed and have your money in hand , I would have really love to come
for the viewing but due to my work frame that might not be possible
and I promise everything will go smoothly. Kindly provide me the
following information to facilitate the mailing of the check to you
as soon as possible.
Name:
Address:
City:
State:
Postal Code:
Cell Phone Number:
Agreed price to sell :
And as soon as this is provided, the payment will be overnight to you
and i will let you know when its mailed out. Thanks and I hope we
handle this in good faith while waiting to hear from you. I will add
an additional $30 so that you can hold it for me till the check reach
you.
Thanks"
Does this smell like a scam to you?

sonny3621
05-27-14, 04:41 PM
Lol...ya think?

Zl700
05-27-14, 05:28 PM
Standard Nigerian 419 scam there sir
You would think it would get old, but plenty of dumb people left

Leonard
05-27-14, 06:21 PM
Had to replace the Goodyears on my CTS with Michelins due to whining noise at 75 mph.

bigcaddyfan
05-27-14, 07:30 PM
Hi anyone,
1/2days delivery.
as soon as possible.
etc. . . . Thanks"

I replied with,
"OK. Sorry to hear about your work frame. Where about are you located,
perhaps I can come by your place to show you them or even do a cash sale on the spot. "
Still waiting for reply!!!

bigcaddyfan
05-28-14, 04:17 PM
Just took the plunge and ordered a set of Pirelli P 7 All-Season Plus!
Installed, life-time (road force) balancing and life-time repairs and tax. Got $260 trade-in on the Eagles, so out-the-door for $745. And a $60 coupon from Pirelli.
So final cost, $685. Can you beat that?

sonny3621
05-28-14, 04:24 PM
Sounds good. Where did you get $260 on the trade in? Report back after you get them installed and let us know how they are.

bigcaddyfan
05-28-14, 06:12 PM
Sounds good. Where did you get $260 on the trade in? Report back after you get them installed and let us know how they are.
Two local Discount Tires gave same quote for trade-in, but one had slightly better price for new P 7's

sonny3621
05-31-14, 12:36 PM
Hi anyone,
1/2days delivery.
as soon as possible.
Name:
Address:
City:
State:
Postal Code:
Cell Phone Number:
Agreed price to sell :
And as soon as this is provided, the payment will be overnight to you
and i will let you know when its mailed out. Thanks and I hope we
handle this in good faith while waiting to hear from you. I will add
an additional $30 so that you can hold it for me till the check reach
you.
Thanks"

I just got this email the other day. Do you think it's a scam lol?

Federal Bureau of Investigation
Field Intelligence Groups J. Edgar Hoover Building
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW Washington, D.C.

Attention: Beneficiary,

I am Special Agent Erick Bolt from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Field Intelligence Groups (FIGs), we Intercepted two consignment box at JFK Airport, New York, the boxes were scanned but found out that it contained large sum of money ($4.1 million) and also some backup documents which bears your name as the Beneficiary/Receiver of the money, Investigation carried out on the diplomat that accompanied the boxes into the United States, said that he was to deliver the fund to your residence as overdue payment owed to you by the Federal Republic of Nigeria through the security company in the United Kingdom.

Meanwhile, we cross check all legal documents in the boxes but we found out that your consignment was lacking an important document and we cannot release the boxes to the diplomat until the document is found, right now we have no other choice than to confiscate your consignment.

According to Internal Revenue Code (IRC) in Title 26 also contain reporting requirement on a Form 8300, Report of Cash Payment Over $10,000 Received in a Trade or Business, money laundering activity may violate 18 USC 1956, 18 USC 1957, 18 USC 1960, and provision of Title 31, and 26 USC 6050I of the United States Code (USC), this section will discuss only those money laundering and currency violation under the jurisdiction of IRS, your consignment lacks proof of ownership certificate from the joint team of IRS and IRC, therefore you need to reply back immediately for direction on how to procure this certificate to enable us relieved the charge of evading the law on you, which is a punishable offense in the United States.

You are required to reply back within 72hours or you will be prosecuted in a court of law for money laundering, also you are instructed to desist from further contact with any bank(s) or person(s) in Nigeria or the United kingdom or any part of the world regarding your payment because your consignment has been confiscated by the Federal Bureau here in the United States.

Yours In Service,
Agent Erick Bolt
Regional Deputy Director
Field Intelligence Groups (FIGs)

bigcaddyfan
05-31-14, 08:07 PM
Wow, I guess you had better do what they say! The FBI never lies!!

bigcaddyfan
06-03-14, 11:50 PM
Just got my new Pirelli P 7 AS plus fitted. There is definitely a difference.
Going over joints in concrete the noise is still there but now its a longer/softer 'kerr-plonk' rather that the previous jarring/abrupt 'ker-bang', if you see what I mean. Certainly easier to live with. On a smoother road, its hard to compare, but I am sure the car is quieter now because all the other vehicles on the road sound louder!!! Also the radio/media can be heard at lower volume settings, and the fan noise is more noticeable! So my initial feeling is that this is a real improvement! So I'm happier, although it's never going to be as nice as my previous DeVilles and Seville.

sonny3621
07-25-14, 09:23 PM
How are you liking those new tires now that you've had a chance to put some miles on them?

bigcaddyfan
07-26-14, 04:33 PM
How are you liking those new tires now that you've had a chance to put some miles on them?
Still happy, but still missing the DeVille!