: Hello all

DracsCaddy
03-17-05, 11:48 PM
:coolgleam I GOTTa say,, this seems like THE SITE I've been looking for RE: my Caddy. I look forward to pokeing around in here!:lildevil:

CADDYBLACK99
03-18-05, 08:30 AM
Welcome DracCaddy!

Tell us more about your Caddy! You are correct this is a great place, full of great folks and info. Thanks for signing up with us!
:welcome:
Paul

DracsCaddy
03-24-05, 01:56 AM
Welcome DracCaddy!

Tell us more about your Caddy! You are correct this is a great place, full of great folks and info. Thanks for signing up with us!
:welcome:
Paul
Thanx CaddyBlack99! Well,, I have a 98 DeVille, Navy blue w/ matching int. My old Caddy ( 87 Deville, Burg. w/ Matching int.) died after 200k & I was looking for another car. One night, while walking the dog, I went by a near-by car lot. In a far corner,, I saw a hulking shape, a Cruise ship among row boats, which turned out to be the above mentioned. it was unlocked, so I got in it, I was VERY pleased with the lighting on the doors, & the nice "solid" feel of the car, & all that hood stretching out in front of me reminded me of my long departed & deeply missed 76 Cougar ( Sorry GM fans, I LOVED that car, LOL!! It was my first:thumbsup: ) One of the tires was low, so I wrote a note on the only paper I had available, my almost empty cig. pack ( W/ a pen I found IN the car I might add)" Please fill the tire on the blue Caddy, I'll be by tomorrow to take a look at it. Thanks, Dan." & stuffed it in the key/mail slot. Ok, FF>> The next day I walked down to the lot, & there it was,, they had brought it UP FRONT,, washed it, filled the tire, & even put those paper mats on the floor, LOL!! They obviously figred that I was indeed " Dan" as the sales man came blowing out of the door, keys in hand, before I even got past the grill of the car. Ok, So off I go on my test drive, my Mother lives near by,( A lifetime GM Caddy/Buick owner) so I stopped to get her, & show her the car. As she "Ohhed & Ahhed" over all the do-dads, I ohhed & ahhed over the fact that I was going almost 70 mph uphill with out even really touching the gas ( Although I DO have a "heavy foot") It was at this point that I discovered one of the FEW things I DON'T like about the car, what are IMO " mushy" brakes :nono: , I felt the same intially about the 87, but its seems more noticeable in this car.I wouldn't feel confident trying to make a "panic stop" ( Any thoughts people?) lets hope I NEVER have to try it! LOL! Ok,, so, There we are, cruseing around, comfortably ensconced in leather "recliners" & I figure its time to go play " lets make a deal" when a " Low fuel" warning scrolls across the dash, now I'm a block away from the dealer. Again,, "Low fuel" scrolls, followed by a flashing "E",,, people,, when that happens,,, it aint liein' LOL!! My mother said " God, its so quiet ( which it is) you can't even hear it running..." No ma ya can't, cause its outta gas, LOLOL! Now comes the cool part, I was at the time, going down hill, & the car had enough "umph" in it to roll RIGHT into a gas station, to the 2nd pump in! As I got out to go get $2 worth of gas to get it back to the dealer, some kid filling his car says " Awesome car Dude, & I didn't even hear ya pulling in" LOLOL!!! I decided at that moment to buy the car, I figured if its going to handle something like that w/ such elegance, so little fuss & bother AND get complements doing it, then it was comeing home w/ me! :)

CADDYBLACK99
03-24-05, 08:53 AM
Great story drac! I like the dark colors and blue is my next favorite to black. Mine also likes the weekly trip to the gas station! I work very close to home so my average weekly commute is only 40 miles total and I average 15-17mpg. I think we all have similar stories about our caddies. The day I picked mine up at the dealer I was so excited..."is it ready yet?"...I must have asked ten times they just laughed :histeric: (with me of course)! My salesman then took me on a shakedown cruise to show me all the equipment and how it worked (OnStar, garage door opener, RDS radio, heated massaging seats, cool very cool!). I wish you luck with your new ride!
Paul

D148L0
03-24-05, 09:50 AM
Welcome to the forums.

DracsCaddy
03-24-05, 03:23 PM
Yes, I've used my brain today, it seems you have as well! LOL!