: Water from rear AC outlet

maplenut
08-10-13, 05:46 PM
Recently purchased an 09 DTS am getting water on rear passenger side floor,(note NO sun roof) under front passenger side seat. Is there a drain tube for this? If so, where is it located? HELP

Superjim
08-10-13, 07:55 PM
The drain tube is right under the passengers side of the firewall.
It is a rubber tube with the end looking kinda like an old fashioned coin purse.
The lips can stick together over time.
Take a stiff wire of small screwdriver and open it up... DO NOT have your face right under it when you open it up.

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-10-13, 09:12 PM
Recently purchased an 09 DTS am getting water on rear passenger side floor,(note NO sun roof) under front passenger side seat. Is there a drain tube for this? If so, where is it located? HELP
Hello maplenut,

I apologize you are experiencing an issue with water leaking into your DTS. I see you have gotten some good feedback from Superjim regarding where it is located. Please let me know if that works. If you are still concerned about the issue, and would like to take your vehicle into the dealership, please private message me and let me know. Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

Andrew Armitage
08-10-13, 10:38 PM
I had the same issue with my '09 not too long ago. You have to jack the car up off the ground and get under there to get at it. And it's better to do this when the car is cold as you'll be reaching up around an exhaust component. With mine, no tools were necessary. I just grabbed the rubber outlet with my fingers and gave it a squeeze. That's all it took. It drained for a few minutes and I never had another issue.

maplenut
08-11-13, 07:29 AM
Superjim:
Thank you
I have been a Buick owner for many years, This is my first Cadillac and I am happy with it,except for some small items like the the water from the AC, just have to become more familiar with the car.

Thank you again.
maplenut

----------

Andrew Armitage: Water from AC
Thank you
Am a new Cadillac owner, have to become more familar with the car. Good info.

maplenut