: Made it down

turbojimmy
08-10-13, 04:57 PM
Now just need to make it back up.

Water pump isn't leaking enough to worry about. I get a faint whiff of coolant under the hood but I'm not losing any.

http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii636/jestoltz/IMAG0088_zps71f4eb12.jpg

Cadillacboy
08-11-13, 02:59 PM
If I were you , I would replace the water pump asap but that's just me lol .I know you have been very meticulous about fixing A/C but that's more important part and that could make you strand out
Nice shot btw :D

turbojimmy
08-12-13, 04:52 PM
Yeah, I'll do it once I get home. It's not really leaking enough to worry about at the moment. It's not losing any coolant, but I can smell it if I open the hood.

turbojimmy
08-13-13, 05:34 PM
Been down here since Saturday torturing Surf City and Beach Haven by driving around with a car load of drunk people screaming out the standard old-folk sing alongs (Paradise by the Dashboard Light, Bohemian Rhapsody, anything by CCR). It sucks being the DD, but I love when people love the limo. I don't know if it's the personalities in the back, but people sure do seem to get a kick out of it. I get the best parking spots at the bars because it's a spectacle and too big to put in normal spots. It's a rolling billboard - put it out front and turn on the underbody lights.

But all good things must come to an end and I'm headed back up north shortly. It's only about 100 miles so I'm not too worried. Best 4 days with the car to date. It's earned its keep. I guess I'll throw it a bone and give it a nice, new water pump.

outsider
08-13-13, 05:45 PM
Nice. I've seen pics of the waterpump swap process on an LT1 but make sure you take some for us too :)

turbojimmy
08-13-13, 10:46 PM
I'll take pics - it needs done immediately.

I went non-stop at highway speeds for almost 2 hours. We stopped for dinner about 5 miles from my GF's house. As soon as I got out of the car I could smell it - it was strong. I pretended not to notice. When we came back out and I started it up the LOW COOLANT light was on. I shut it off and checked the coolant. It was indeed low but not empty. Got back into the car and restarted it. Light was out. It flickered on and off on the way to her house. I dropped her and her stuff off and headed another 5 miles to my house. By the time I got home the light was on steady and the smell was strong. I drove it like I stole it because I was anxious to get home so that might have something to do with it. I think I squeezed exactly as much as I needed out of that water pump. Switching over to Rock Auto to order one up now....

talismandave
08-14-13, 01:23 AM
Glad the Cadillac Gods were smiling upon you.(Sort of.)